Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My son is 3.5 years old and just started preschool today

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:10 AM
  • 19 Replies

I dropped him off 40 minutes ago and he was bawling and I cannot stop thinking about it. They also have childcare and I put my 10 month old there and he was crying. I am so sad!

baby boytoddler boyLOVE MY BOYS!!!

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Preschool is fun, hopefully he calmed down and is having a blast.

ktinaza
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:03 PM
I hope so. They said that he kept asking for me and they told him to draw a picture of mommy and carry it around with him all day. So he did.

Quoting goddess99:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Omg how cute. If you always wear the same perfume, you could spray a little on his sleeve so you'll be with him that way too. Some kids like that.

Quoting ktinaza:

I hope so. They said that he kept asking for me and they told him to draw a picture of mommy and carry it around with him all day. So he did.

Quoting goddess99:

MsEmma88
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Give him a laminated pic of u to carry around. My son cried. But I found out it was all show lol if you come up with something special that works go with it. He also got kisses in his palm to hold onto. He gives them back when I pick him up. We also hold up the ASL sign for I love you right before I leave.
He will get used to it n love it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ktinaza
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Those are good ideas...thank you. He was just really scared. He has never been around that many kids.

Quoting MsEmma88:

Give him a laminated pic of u to carry around. My son cried. But I found out it was all show lol if you come up with something special that works go with it. He also got kisses in his palm to hold onto. He gives them back when I pick him up. We also hold up the ASL sign for I love you right before I leave.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsEmma88
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:44 PM
Your welcome. It wont be long before he makes friends then he won't want to leave lol since mine is out of school right now we have to have regular group playdates with his friends.

Quoting ktinaza:

Those are good ideas...thank you. He was just really scared. He has never been around that many kids.

Quoting MsEmma88:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GaleJ
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:07 PM

At our Montessori school we often saw this. While most children do not like their parent leaving when they first start, most become engaged quickly and enjoy the work in the classroom.  

LilyPondOasis
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:15 PM

They'll be just fine. Give them a week or so to get adjusted and soon they will be telling you to hurry up Mommy, my friends are waiting as my son did every day when he was 3 !! 

Good luck! And the perfume trick works too and on their little pillow for nap time. My son had a small pillow and then his blanket smelled like home ( Downey ) and he adjusted real well to my surprise for having never been in a day care. 

He is in 3rd grade now ~

PEEK05
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Awww

Pammi86
by Pamela on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Give it time mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)