Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Real life drama not a LTM, so frustrating

Posted by   + Show Post

I normally only read the emails I get about other mothers and I enjoy them, but I found myself needing to vent, and seek something, don't know what, lol But to start off I've been having a very hard time with my son school, I say son because I've had him and his sister since they were babies, they are my daughter kids, she's not able to care for them due to her health, I refuse to let them miss out on a mother child bond and become a statistic, I'm a mother of 4 3 are grown and my baby is 13, so imagine the change and starting all over again, they both were in pampers when I first got them. They are now 4 and 5 and are very happy kids now and feel loved and secure it was a hard long battle but we are getting there...But my son is in the 1st I've been having so hard times with the school, fighting for help for him with reading and his social abilities, well with hard work, blood, sweat and tears we made it through kindergarden he was very happy..So we get to 1st I immediately stayed in very close contact with the teacher to make sure he's getting the help he needs, i.e. speech therapy, and any classes they should offer to help a child that in need of extra help, they should I am a tax payer. So, after finally meeting with school officials the only help they offered was to put him back in the kindergarden. To make a long story short, I refused because he has been through a lot and he is a very smart kid and very eager to learn they admitted themselves but didn't offer help for him. So now I'm homeschooling, it is very difficult but he make it easy because he is growing by leaps and doing very well, reading is still our struggle but that is due to he is showing signs or adhd and Dyslexia, I've made appts with his doctor to evaluate for both, but several family members have let me know that putting him on meds will be a mistake, I'm at a lost, I've cried many tears over this, but I have to get him help and assure him he is a very smart kid and can do it...Thanks for reading, sorry for the book, I'm just at a lost....Excuse mistake but writing this was hard and emotional...

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Replies (11-14):
SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:20 AM

HUgs!!!  His pediatrician should be able to get him evaluated.  I think homeschooling is the best option for most all children!  You are doing great!

Itzy0ll0tl
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:17 AM

good luck! u r a great person,

my mom wont even come fromthe states to meet my 5 yo daughter.. :(

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:10 PM

We are tweaking meds for my DGS ADHD meds. He can't sit and concentrate without them.

dirtydianamom
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:15 AM

I'm sorry to hear that, thanks so much. But kids are so easy to love. Through out my kids life I was mainly a single mother, they are great girls and I am proud, but I still made room for several kids didn't have a home or just needed someone to love our home was always filled with kids. Just recently I was suppose to become a foster mother to 4 kids and I still may be getting them, the mother is in jail for beating her daughter, and I had to report to the social worker that the step dad was sexually abusing her. I just feel for me that is I can only speak for me, if I can be a voice for kids that need one I am serving my purpose. Thanks so much for you guys kindness and supportive advice I actually feel better. My son is doing so well I just find ways of getting the info in so he can retain it, so far we are doing great I'm so proud of him, some days are better than others because he can get frustrated then I just stop and we take a breather and talk about things he love and turn it into a learning lesson, if I feel he need further help for concentrating I will seek medial help, in which I am still getting him tested that way I know what research study. Again thanks ladies you don't know how much you all has helped me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN