Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

people say im brutally honest is that bad?

Posted by   + Show Post
Some people dont like my honesty and i was raised not to suger coat anything and to always speak my mind. I dont do it rudely im just honest i know its a time and place for everything so ill pull them to the side i just like being me and i just cant help it. What do you think i should do ???? No rude response please i dislike rude people
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Replies (41-50):
squeekers
Today at 1:17 AM
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:09 AM
4 moms liked this

you were raised to be brutely honest and yet if someone is honest back, you dislike rude people who are typing their own thoughts.... hmmmm.

Dinosaurspiders
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Honesty is not bad, it's a great thing in fact. Some people can't handle blunt honesty, sometimes you have to kindly introduce them to the truth. Some people are more sensitive then others, it is how they naturally are. You don't have to figure out how to better communicate with people who take offense easily, but it does help to be able to make all types of people feel comfortable around you. 

I think when you are just being yourself it is not necesarrily a bad thing, but it is nice to consider other people's needs equally. Just, don't feel the need to resort to lieing to placate people. I'd rather a person be brutally honest so I know where they stand then to be lied to and to believe something untrue. In a perfect world, I really like people to be both nice, and honest. :)

little.worthen
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this
There is a difference between being brutally honest when you need to and being an ass all the time even when it's unnecessary.

It takes a mature adult to know the difference..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Uzma_mom_of_2
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Tell the truth with love. It's generally not what you say but how you say. 

Other times it is what you say.

"That color is hideous on you" vs" I don't feel that's a good color for you." Both are honest statements that let the person know your opinion. One makes you look like a B, the other doesn't.

It in unnessary and hurtful to be 'brutal' with your honesty. Don't use your upbringing as an excuse to be rude.

You are the one who has asked if it's bad. But then are going out of your way to justify your actions. That tells me you know you are in the wrong, maybe feeling a little guilty, but don't want to be wrong so were hoping for more people to come along and help you justify your actions.

I very rarely bother to check a board twice, so debate, get mad, or whatever it is that'll make you feel better, if you don't like what I have to say, because it won't bother me :)sticking out tongue

sumannie
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:30 AM
I've been told I was brutally honest bc I would tell you flat out but bc I did that ppl hated me for it and I barely had any friends. But as I grew up, I learned to pick my battles and still be honest just less blunt.

KaliyahImani
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:41 PM
Im on a touch screen phone and it spells its self sometimes so fyi you cant hurt my feelings im not that type to cry ovet spilled milk

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting KaliyahImani:

Im not rude but honest yes if the jeans do make you look fat why should i let you walk out in public looking crazy i was raised by a marine and he never suger coated with so i wont with anyone else why so life can be full of lies no i cant better yet yea you rite i wont do it i refuse to lie to please anyone on this earth its stupid point blank and fyi all my friends are still my friend and respect my honesty it people like you who dont and probably lie

Okay there is a difference between lying, and being a heartless bitch.

Also, I know it's difficult to type on here, but could you put at least a little effort into typing your words correctly and spelling them correctly. Use proper punctuation. It would bring out a better feeling towards you, other than the one I'm getting from all the bad grammar. 

No, I usually ignore it as long as I can understand what the person is saying. I'm being brutually honest. Your grammar sucks. I'm sure you were taught better than this.

^rude or brutually honest? 

making a point. Although it is a little hard to understand towards the middle there.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I am the same way so do not feel bad!

KaliyahImani
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:43 PM
I like this because thats how i am some people are sensitive to what i say but my saying things doesnt mean i was trying to be mean thank,you for your opinion

Quoting Dinosaurspiders:

Honesty is not bad, it's a great thing in fact. Some people can't handle blunt honesty, sometimes you have to kindly introduce them to the truth. Some people are more sensitive then others, it is how they naturally are. You don't have to figure out how to better communicate with people who take offense easily, but it does help to be able to make all types of people feel comfortable around you. 

I think when you are just being yourself it is not necesarrily a bad thing, but it is nice to consider other people's needs equally. Just, don't feel the need to resort to lieing to placate people. I'd rather a person be brutally honest so I know where they stand then to be lied to and to believe something untrue. In a perfect world, I really like people to be both nice, and honest. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RLT2
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Quoting pasteeater:

How funny you said no rude people yet you said yourself you are brutally honest. That implies you're mean when your honest. Sounds to me that you're just bitchy and use that as an excuse. You don't have to tell everyone every thing you're thinking. Do you get off on hurting people? I bet theyre all younger or smaller.

My thoughts exactly! She doesn't like people treating her the way she treats them.

KaliyahImani
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:46 PM
Not really i respect opinions just like i respect your i really could care less how people feel about it was just a question really

Quoting Uzma_mom_of_2:

Tell the truth with love. It's generally not what you say but how you say. 

Other times it is what you say.

"That color is hideous on you" vs" I don't feel that's a good color for you." Both are honest statements that let the person know your opinion. One makes you look like a B, the other doesn't.

It in unnessary and hurtful to be 'brutal' with your honesty. Don't use your upbringing as an excuse to be rude.

You are the one who has asked if it's bad. But then are going out of your way to justify your actions. That tells me you know you are in the wrong, maybe feeling a little guilty, but don't want to be wrong so were hoping for more people to come along and help you justify your actions.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)