Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

people say im brutally honest is that bad?

Posted by   + Show Post
Some people dont like my honesty and i was raised not to suger coat anything and to always speak my mind. I dont do it rudely im just honest i know its a time and place for everything so ill pull them to the side i just like being me and i just cant help it. What do you think i should do ???? No rude response please i dislike rude people
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Replies (51-60):
KaliyahImani
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:49 PM
Rude and brutally honest is the difference im not rude im honest some people cant except the blunt truth in fact alot of people i know respect me because i never lie to them once you tell a lie you have to tell more lies to back that one lie up sounds stupid to me

Quoting squeekers:

you were raised to be brutely honest and yet if someone is honest back, you dislike rude people who are typing their own thoughts.... hmmmm.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lwalker270
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:51 PM

It's all about the delivery.  You can be honest and still be tactful and kind about it -- especially if you're critiquing another person's appearance.

I dislike when people are rude and use the "I don't sugar coat things" to excuse their rudeness.

pasteeater
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:23 PM
I'm on a touch screen too. But who spilled milk? Are you that clumsy?

Quoting Pammi86:

I am the same way so do not feel bad!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
veganistic
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:34 PM
4 moms liked this
Also consider that your opinion is just your opinion. You may think that color is hideous on someone, but someone else may not. It isn't true to say "that looks terrible on you", you can only truthfully say "i think that looks terrible on you". In my experience, the people who were brutally (hurtfully) honest were those who considered their own opinions to be more important than they really are.

Quoting Uzma_mom_of_2:

Tell the truth with love. It's generally not what you say but how you say. 

Other times it is what you say.

"That color is hideous on you" vs" I don't feel that's a good color for you." Both are honest statements that let the person know your opinion. One makes you look like a B, the other doesn't.

It in unnessary and hurtful to be 'brutal' with your honesty. Don't use your upbringing as an excuse to be rude.

You are the one who has asked if it's bad. But then are going out of your way to justify your actions. That tells me you know you are in the wrong, maybe feeling a little guilty, but don't want to be wrong so were hoping for more people to come along and help you justify your actions.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this

So you are saying that you have no control whatsoever of what the phone puts in here? I will call bullshit. That's what proofreading is for. Just look over what you type in before you push the send button. It's that simple. 

I don't think anyone cries over spilled milk unless it is the last in the house and there is no more money to go buy more.

Yes, I got it. I overlooked that and took it literally. I think I'm watching too much Bones lately. 

Quoting KaliyahImani:

Im on a touch screen phone and it spells its self sometimes so fyi you cant hurt my feelings im not that type to cry ovet spilled milk

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting KaliyahImani:

Im not rude but honest yes if the jeans do make you look fat why should i let you walk out in public looking crazy i was raised by a marine and he never suger coated with so i wont with anyone else why so life can be full of lies no i cant better yet yea you rite i wont do it i refuse to lie to please anyone on this earth its stupid point blank and fyi all my friends are still my friend and respect my honesty it people like you who dont and probably lie

Okay there is a difference between lying, and being a heartless bitch.

Also, I know it's difficult to type on here, but could you put at least a little effort into typing your words correctly and spelling them correctly. Use proper punctuation. It would bring out a better feeling towards you, other than the one I'm getting from all the bad grammar. 

No, I usually ignore it as long as I can understand what the person is saying. I'm being brutually honest. Your grammar sucks. I'm sure you were taught better than this.

^rude or brutually honest? 

making a point. Although it is a little hard to understand towards the middle there.

KaliyahImani
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Listen i dont swear so im not gon come out of character but i know one thing if we was face to face id want you to call me on this b's and what not now im grown woman and dont have time to put into arguing with your stupid self so get a life little girl

Quoting Basherte:

So you are saying that you have no control whatsoever of what the phone puts in here? I will call bullshit. That's what proofreading is for. Just look over what you type in before you push the send button. It's that simple. 

I don't think anyone cries over spilled milk unless it is the last in the house and there is no more money to go buy more.

Yes, I got it. I overlooked that and took it literally. I think I'm watching too much Bones lately. 

Quoting KaliyahImani:

Im on a touch screen phone and it spells its self sometimes so fyi you cant hurt my feelings im not that type to cry ovet spilled milk

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting KaliyahImani:

Im not rude but honest yes if the jeans do make you look fat why should i let you walk out in public looking crazy i was raised by a marine and he never suger coated with so i wont with anyone else why so life can be full of lies no i cant better yet yea you rite i wont do it i refuse to lie to please anyone on this earth its stupid point blank and fyi all my friends are still my friend and respect my honesty it people like you who dont and probably lie

Okay there is a difference between lying, and being a heartless bitch.

Also, I know it's difficult to type on here, but could you put at least a little effort into typing your words correctly and spelling them correctly. Use proper punctuation. It would bring out a better feeling towards you, other than the one I'm getting from all the bad grammar. 

No, I usually ignore it as long as I can understand what the person is saying. I'm being brutually honest. Your grammar sucks. I'm sure you were taught better than this.

^rude or brutually honest? 

making a point. Although it is a little hard to understand towards the middle there.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poshkat
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm like you. I've also been told I am dissmisive. I am both of those things. I don't care. If I have nothing nice to say I won't unless I am asked directly but if they don't like what I have to say than it's their problem. They asked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gr8tgirls
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

EXACTLY

Quoting shadow_lark:

I think there is a fine line between being tactfully honest, which is what people are looking for, and being blunt and you apparently seem to cross that line. it doesn't mean you have to sugar coat things...just use a little more compassion in your honesty.

one_on_the_way
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:46 PM
2 moms liked this

I can't stand trying to read something with no punctuation.  I refuse to work to understand what is trying to be said. 

Like, that kind of honesty?  

one_on_the_way
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Not a word changed....just punctuation added.

Quoting KaliyahImani:

Im not rude but honest.  Yes, if the jeans do make you look fat, why?  Should I let you walk out in public?  Looking crazy, I was raised by a marine.  And, he never sugar coated with so I won't with anyone else.  Why?  So, life can be full of lies.  No, I can't better yet.  Yea, you rite.  I won't do it.  I refuse to lie to please anyone.  On this earth, it's stupid.  Point blank and FYI.  All my friends are still my friends and respect.  My honesty it people like you.  Who don't and probably lie.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)