Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

people say im brutally honest is that bad?

Posted by   + Show Post
Some people dont like my honesty and i was raised not to suger coat anything and to always speak my mind. I dont do it rudely im just honest i know its a time and place for everything so ill pull them to the side i just like being me and i just cant help it. What do you think i should do ???? No rude response please i dislike rude people
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Replies (61-69):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it's good that you pull to the side and talk privately...

MomTiara19
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Lol

So no rude responses...you dislike rude people....that speak their mind too??

So you can dish out brutal advice but you cant take brutal advice back.

Interesting...

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this

First of all I'm making a point. I'm being brutually honest here. And you are taking it as me attacking you.

DO you get the point? There is a difference between being a heartless bitch and being blunt and honest.

That is actually what I call being a heartless bitch about being honest.

I'm not the one that needs to grow up. I'm not the one calling you names, thinking that it will upset you. Which by the way, it doesn't. I've been called worse by better.

Quoting KaliyahImani:

Listen i dont swear so im not gon come out of character but i know one thing if we was face to face id want you to call me on this b's and what not now im grown woman and dont have time to put into arguing with your stupid self so get a life little girl

Quoting Basherte:

So you are saying that you have no control whatsoever of what the phone puts in here? I will call bullshit. That's what proofreading is for. Just look over what you type in before you push the send button. It's that simple. 

I don't think anyone cries over spilled milk unless it is the last in the house and there is no more money to go buy more.

Yes, I got it. I overlooked that and took it literally. I think I'm watching too much Bones lately. 

Quoting KaliyahImani:

Im on a touch screen phone and it spells its self sometimes so fyi you cant hurt my feelings im not that type to cry ovet spilled milk

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting KaliyahImani:

Im not rude but honest yes if the jeans do make you look fat why should i let you walk out in public looking crazy i was raised by a marine and he never suger coated with so i wont with anyone else why so life can be full of lies no i cant better yet yea you rite i wont do it i refuse to lie to please anyone on this earth its stupid point blank and fyi all my friends are still my friend and respect my honesty it people like you who dont and probably lie

Okay there is a difference between lying, and being a heartless bitch.

Also, I know it's difficult to type on here, but could you put at least a little effort into typing your words correctly and spelling them correctly. Use proper punctuation. It would bring out a better feeling towards you, other than the one I'm getting from all the bad grammar. 

No, I usually ignore it as long as I can understand what the person is saying. I'm being brutually honest. Your grammar sucks. I'm sure you were taught better than this.

^rude or brutually honest? 

making a point. Although it is a little hard to understand towards the middle there.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Thank you for translating this into something legible.

I understood it, but it took me a little while. And while I'm not a grammar nazi, some things do hurt my head trying to translate. 

Quoting one_on_the_way:

Not a word changed....just punctuation added.

Quoting KaliyahImani:

Im not rude but honest.  Yes, if the jeans do make you look fat, why?  Should I let you walk out in public?  Looking crazy, I was raised by a marine.  And, he never sugar coated with so I won't with anyone else.  Why?  So, life can be full of lies.  No, I can't better yet.  Yea, you rite.  I won't do it.  I refuse to lie to please anyone.  On this earth, it's stupid.  Point blank and FYI.  All my friends are still my friends and respect.  My honesty it people like you.  Who don't and probably lie.

salamandersmom
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, honesty is good.  But, there is such a thing as TOO MUCH of a good thing.  For example.  You have a friend who weighs a little more than she should, and she's not a very attractive girl.  She buys a new dress, which you don't like much, but she does.  She feels really sexy in it.  And, as she whirls around in front of you, she asks how you like it.  What do you do?  If you TELL HER she's ugly and fat and that dress is hideous, you are going to DESTROY her sense of self-worth, and really hurt her.  You don't want to LIE, either... so you say "I can tell that you love it, and it makes you feel great."  It's not a lie, but it's not the whole truth, either. 

So, again... honesty is good, but temper it with thinking about whether or not you will hurt the other person.  IF they asked you for your honest opinion, then you should STILL make sure you tell the truth without being cruel. 

KaliyahImani
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:27 PM
For those of you that talk about my writing you look stupid because all the punctuation that your putting are in the wrong place. I'm in college at 22 for my masters degree. Graduated from highschool when i was 16. I don't need your approval for anything. None of you are being honest. You all seem to think i'm now crying because your trying to be like me. Literally laughing out loud i could care less. I dont swear because im to educated to use swear words as an insult. The fact that i know more then you on educational level lets me know that alot you need to go back to school. Im more cafemom i thought you come on here to chit chat with fellow mothers around the u.s.a . Obviously its where these lonely old woman wish they had lives just sit and talk bad to people. So again im a very successful woman at 22 i do this in ny free time. All of you, except some, can get a life. Thank you have a great day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
unspecified42
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, you are rude. And yes, that's a bad thing. Maybe after you do some growing up you'll understand that.

Just being "brutally honest."

unsuspected
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Speaking the truth in love is totally different than attacking people with your opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gr8tgirls
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:23 PM

I graduated high school at 18.  But I am educated enough to know that when I'm going to spout off about my intelligence, I'll at least do it properly.  Let me help.

Quoting KaliyahImani:

For those of you that talk about my writing, you look stupid because all of the punctuation that you'rputting are is in the wrong place. I'm in college at 22 for my masters degree, graduated from high school when I was 16. I don't need your approval for anything. None of you are being honest. You all seem to think I'm now crying because you're trying to be like me. I'm literally laughing out loud; I could care less. I don't swear because I'm too educated to use swear words as an insult. The fact that I know more than you on an educational level let's me know that a lot of you need to go back to school. I'm more cafemom thought you come on here to chit chat with fellow mothers around the USA. Obviously it's where these lonely old women wish they had lives. Just sit and talk bad to people. So again I'm a very successful woman at 22, do this in my free time. All of you, except some, can get a life. Thank you, have a great day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN