Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

people say im brutally honest is that bad?

Posted by   + Show Post
Some people dont like my honesty and i was raised not to suger coat anything and to always speak my mind. I dont do it rudely im just honest i know its a time and place for everything so ill pull them to the side i just like being me and i just cant help it. What do you think i should do ???? No rude response please i dislike rude people
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
KaliyahImani
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:21 AM
To clear it up i would say some looks like shit clothes are clothes and they dont make you your beauty as a person does i just am not gon let you walk out the house looking like shit so people start talking about you would you let your friends do that ????

Quoting MsEmma88:

This is just what I was going to say. It's great to be honest. And to a point it's good but the way you tell the truth is all the difference between being honest and mean. If you say "yeah you look like s$@& in those jeans" your being honest but mean. "you know I think this outfit isn't very flattering but I love these pants on you they make you look so cute" your telling the truth there no sugar coat and you still have a friend that doesn't feel self conscious around you

Quoting shadow_lark:

I think there is a fine line between being tactfully honest, which is what people are looking for, and being blunt and you apparently seem to cross that line. it doesn't mean you have to sugar coat things...just use a little more compassion in your honesty.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

It can be bad.  Empathy and compassion pairs nicely with honesty.

pasteeater
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:36 AM
3 moms liked this
Sorry couldn't read. Your spelling and grammar are atrocious! No wonder put others down. It makes you feel intelligent. A little punctuation goes a long way!

Quoting KaliyahImani:

First off no one i know cares what i say cuz they all are strong willed people little whiney people as you seem to be might find it mean i care for people but i refuse to lie if you look bad in something im going to tell you it aint for you straight out pulse its my mouth but i do greatly honor everyones opinion because it dont bother me none

Quoting pasteeater:

How funny you said no rude people yet you said yourself you are brutally honest. That implies you're mean when your honest. Sounds to me that you're just bitchy and use that as an excuse. You don't have to tell everyone every thing you're thinking. Do you get off on hurting people? I bet theyre all younger or smaller.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsEmma88
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:30 AM
2 moms liked this
Honestly yeah I would because my friends are adults and they choose their own clothing if it looks bad and I'm not there in the choosing of the clothes to put any nice opinion then yeah. I don't have to give my opinion all of the time just because I have it. And that's not lying. It's letting them do their own thing.

Quoting KaliyahImani:

To clear it up i would say some looks like shit clothes are clothes and they dont make you your beauty as a person does i just am not gon let you walk out the house looking like shit so people start talking about you would you let your friends do that ????

Quoting MsEmma88:

This is just what I was going to say. It's great to be honest. And to a point it's good but the way you tell the truth is all the difference between being honest and mean. If you say "yeah you look like s$@& in those jeans" your being honest but mean. "you know I think this outfit isn't very flattering but I love these pants on you they make you look so cute" your telling the truth there no sugar coat and you still have a friend that doesn't feel self conscious around you

Quoting shadow_lark:

I think there is a fine line between being tactfully honest, which is what people are looking for, and being blunt and you apparently seem to cross that line. it doesn't mean you have to sugar coat things...just use a little more compassion in your honesty.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roxiekittie
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL who cares, you are who you are, i wish there were more of you out there. but i am the same way, i use the excuse that i am italian and i am from ny! it seems to work well lol

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Quoting SlapItHigh:

It can be bad.  Empathy and compassion pairs nicely with honesty.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ginalyn
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:46 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree with this! I'm a very honest person also and don't sugar coat but I've learned over the years there's a way to do it without hurting someone's feelings which has made me a better person w/out completely changing who I am and I can still be completely honest. Yes the people you know or are friends with may not mind how you are but there are other people who's feelings you may hurt as the case was with myself. So try a different approach with your honesty it can't hurt mama. :-)

Quoting shadow_lark:

CafeMom Tickers
thecoffeefairy
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:51 PM
2 moms liked this
This comment suggests you are rude. Rude is bad, m'kay. Your being told your brutally honest as a tactful way of letting you know your rude. Since you abhor rudeness, I would reconsider your delivery a bit.

Quoting KaliyahImani:

First off no one i know cares what i say cuz they all are strong willed people little whiney people as you seem to be might find it mean i care for people but i refuse to lie if you look bad in something im going to tell you it aint for you straight out pulse its my mouth but i do greatly honor everyones opinion because it dont bother me none

Quoting pasteeater:

How funny you said no rude people yet you said yourself you are brutally honest. That implies you're mean when your honest. Sounds to me that you're just bitchy and use that as an excuse. You don't have to tell everyone every thing you're thinking. Do you get off on hurting people? I bet theyre all younger or smaller.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband has the same issue. He isn't rude at all he is just honest and a lot of people can't handle it.

Quoting KaliyahImani:

Some people dont like my honesty and i was raised not to suger coat anything and to always speak my mind. I dont do it rudely im just honest i know its a time and place for everything so ill pull them to the side i just like being me and i just cant help it. What do you think i should do ???? No rude response please i dislike rude people
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Its.me.Sam.
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:55 PM

one can be honest without being brutal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)