Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Ooh no...sounds like croup

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:07 AM
  • 17 Replies
My three year old just woke up with a cough...sounds like when he had croup. No mucus or fever. Hot water and lemon so far and some homeopathic cough syrup. Oh man time to arm up. When one gets sick it spreads like wildfire. I'm not prepared! My youngest is only five months old. Any tips?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rayroe2
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:33 AM

BUMP!

MadysonsMama
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, yes...my little one had it as an infant.  She is now 6.  Turn on the shower, as hot as it will go.  Close the door and let the bathroom fill up with steam from it being so hot.  Then go into the bathroom with your child open up the shower curtain and just let the steam get to him.  It will open his airways up and help him breathe better.  You could also put some vicks on his chest witch is also meant to open up the airways as well. 

MsEmma88
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:43 AM
Thanks. Did the steam but I need to pick up some more Vicks. I think my bottle is really old

Quoting MadysonsMama:

Yes, yes...my little one had it as an infant.  She is now 6.  Turn on the shower, as hot as it will go.  Close the door and let the bathroom fill up with steam from it being so hot.  Then go into the bathroom with your child open up the shower curtain and just let the steam get to him.  It will open his airways up and help him breathe better.  You could also put some vicks on his chest witch is also meant to open up the airways as well. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Sorry, hope he is feeling better soon.

DixieFlower
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:41 PM

I would make sure to pick up baby vick's. Regular vick's is not recommended for children under the age of 2 yrs old. I don't know if you have any fragrance warmers but eucalyptus oil is great for opening up everything.

Quoting MsEmma88:

Thanks. Did the steam but I need to pick up some more Vicks. I think my bottle is really old

Quoting MadysonsMama:

cl1998
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:18 PM

I thought with croup you were supposed to do cool air???

MsEmma88
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:39 PM
I just got baby Vicks today.

Quoting DixieFlower:

I would make sure to pick up baby vick's. Regular vick's is not recommended for children under the age of 2 yrs old. I don't know if you have any fragrance warmers but eucalyptus oil is great for opening up everything.

Quoting MsEmma88:

Quoting MadysonsMama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:12 AM

No tips, here is a bump though! 

PinkButterfly66
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:26 AM

My daughter caught the croup from a little boy down the street.   The first time was scary.  I called 911, I gave her a quick light puff from an albuterol inhaler that was left over from a bout of bronchitis that my husband or I had and we went outside in our coats (it was winter) to wait for the ambulance and the cough went away.  The next time she had the croup, I grabbed the inhaler and took her outside.  She eventually got old enough where the croup wasn't an issue (her larynx got bigger), but since my husband or I got bronchitis every year, we usually had an inhaler around.  

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Sorry, hope he feels better soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN