Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Ooh no...sounds like croup

Posted by   + Show Post
My three year old just woke up with a cough...sounds like when he had croup. No mucus or fever. Hot water and lemon so far and some homeopathic cough syrup. Oh man time to arm up. When one gets sick it spreads like wildfire. I'm not prepared! My youngest is only five months old. Any tips?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:07 AM
Replies (11-17):
kaitybird
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:09 PM

For us that is one of the scariest coughs out there!  Our daughter has asthma and for us it is something awful.  She had it once when she was almost 3 and then again when she turned 15......The hot shower and the humidity in the bathroom is suppose to help!  Just for a small piece of advice, the inhaler does NOT work for everyone.  It is pretty rare for a teen to get the croup but none the less they can get it.

Good luck to you and hope that your little one feels better soon.  My best advice it to take them in.  Watching your child struggle to breathe is not easy!

Pammi86
by Pamela on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I would try to limit the contact they have as much as possible which I know, crazy! But thats the only way!

momtoBrenna
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:55 PM
I hope your son is feeling better. A cool mist vaporizer in his room will also help him to breath better. He may also need some oral prednisone to reduce the swelling. My ds is currently in the hospital with his 4th bout of croup this year. Hang in there, momma.
mom2gr8tgirls
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Tea tree oil is great for helping with cough.  DO NOT INGEST.  Just put it on a warmer or add it to a vaporizer.  

rgba
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Cool air is best. OP if it is cold out, take him outside for a bit.

Quoting cl1998:

I thought with croup you were supposed to do cool air???

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:14 AM

Hope he gets better...my youngest is getting over cold this week too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)