Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

For those of you who have had your tubes tied....

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm expecting my 5th child & after this, the baby factory is closed!  I had originally planned to get my tubes tied because it seems relatively simple.  But, after doing a lot of research, I have read about side effects that I didn't even know existed.  How many of you with your tubes tied have had any problems?  side effects?  How was the healing process?  How long did it take? I'm concerned about bringing home a brand new baby & feeling like crap b/c I just had surgery.  Your input in appreciated!!

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:21 AM
Replies (21-23):
squeekers
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:59 PM

getting your tubes tied & cauterized is simpler than the side effects of a hysterectomy, however both can have problems from what I've read. In my family, my DH got fixed to save me a surgical proceedure I would not have anesthetic ally tolerated.

i'm a happy Humanist.
question everything, except your mother.
i dont like to use capital letters.
opinionatedmom
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:02 AM

I have never had any side effects and was doing normal stuff the same day. they made a small incesion in my belly button and slightly below.  the side effects may be from the way they did it many years ago.

Mommynay2
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:57 PM
Hi after the surgery it hurt badly when the drugs wore out, I had the surgery December 4, 2002. The recovery was more of an inconvenience than anything else. My son was almost 1 and my daughter was born December 2, 2002. Other than that it was no big deal. I never noticed any period changes or anything like that. One thing though there were times that I regretted getting them tied. And when I told them I wanted them tied they brought up some scary things, like if one of my kids died I couldn't have any more. And about meeting someone who wants kids and I can't have any. I look back now and I'm cool with my decision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN