Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Stay at home or work outside home

Posted by   + Show Post
I've done it both ways. I've been a working mom with 2 little ones in daycare. I am currently a stay at home mom of 6 soon to be 7. I am much more suited to be a stay at home mom. How about you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
PEEK05
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Stay at home mom

heathermarie23
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:33 PM

If you count my 3 month maternity leave as being a stay at home mom, then I have done both.  I truely loved being home with my kids all day everyday for those short 3 months, buuuuut I was broke by the end.  So, I'm destined to be a working mom which I guess makes me cherish the time I do get to spend with my kids even more.  If I had a choice, I'd be a stay at home mom until they went to school... and even then I'd probably consider homeschooling them.

DixieFlower
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:22 PM

I'm somewhat both. My job has me with my family. I'm a live in companion for adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities. My family and I live with the individuals I assist. Right now M-F I have "free time" from 8am-3pm. Although even if I'm working my family can be with me.

Rhiannon1980
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:24 PM
I am sahm unless my friend needs help at his shop. I like it that way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
the3Rs
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:26 PM
I've done a little of everything. Work outside the home mom for 13 years...SAHM for a year & every summer as I was a teacher...WAHM for 4 1/2 years and counting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
REACHIN4MYDREAM
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:00 PM

I work from home, have done so since 2005 and I absolutely love it!! 

lwalker270
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:01 PM

SAHM although there are days I miss working outside the home.

wifeynmommie80
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:25 PM

I work at home.  I have worked for my company for over 5 years now. And now in upper mangagment,  I don't wanan go anywhere else as far as job wise.

bleedhairspray
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:31 PM

stay at home, I don't see myself going back to work(if ever as long as it's possible), until I'm done having kids and they're in school.

kimberly161
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:22 PM
I just wasn't cut out for working outside the home. My first husband didn't help with anything but expected everything. I felt like I wasn't giving my best anywhere. Now I feel like I am doing what I was meant to do with all the support of my awesome husband
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN