Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Stay at home or work outside home

Posted by   + Show Post
I've done it both ways. I've been a working mom with 2 little ones in daycare. I am currently a stay at home mom of 6 soon to be 7. I am much more suited to be a stay at home mom. How about you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Replies (31-39):
iknitsweatersyo
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Done both...im home again and loving it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
godsgirl26
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:16 AM
I stay at home because i want to be the one to raise my kids & because we make more than enough for me to. I've never worked so i have no clue what its like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeatherGandJ
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I am a work from home mom now.  I was a working mom for the first year and a half with my first, then became a stay at home mom with my second who has extensive special needs.  Once I became a single mom, the best thign was to be a work from home mom, so I could still have teh flexibiilty that I needed to meet my kids' special needs (as well as their regular needs) and still bring in some income.  Now that htey are both in school, I have toyed with the idea of working outside te home part time, as it would be nice to have colleagues again and more social interaction.  But I do love being home with the kids, and being easily available when I am needed for school issues or medical issues.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:43 PM

I work part time during the week and thats fine for me and my family!

dolphin102
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:34 PM
I love to work and it not to bad be at home because I can help other mom, and help more do God work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dolphin102
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:42 PM
I no how you feel because I miss work and be at home it ok bet no that my son no his ABC, and his number is the happy time every and do God work.

Quoting splatz:

I'm a stay at home mom. I miss working though. I just feel sort of worthless as a SAHM. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gr8tgirls
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:39 PM

I've done both.  I worked until my first was 4.5 yrs (2007).  In Sept '07 I became a SAHM and continued to be one until Sept '09 when I went back to school full time.  At that time I had 2 kiddos.  I graduated in Nov '10, and went to work until Mar '11.  I quit that job and became a SAHM again, which I still am and will continue to be until all of my kiddos are in school.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:19 AM

sahm

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN