Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Sleep question..?

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:46 PM
  • 11 Replies
Hi fellow moms,

I have a 7 month old little boy and and for all his life he has sleeped in are room in a pack and play. Not in are bed but in are room. But now I want to have him sleep in his room and his crib and I was just looking for some advice.
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SusanChesnut
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Very gently. The no cry sleep solution is a great resource.
splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Good luck with the transition!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Oh, and I never had an issue with either of my kiddos. My son slept in my room for the first year and a half. My daughter until she was 6 or 7 months. Neither of them had a hard time adjusting at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaliyahImani
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Just take.him their when he falls asleep that what i do with both my kids they are 7months and 2 so at first my two year old didnt want to so i put my other baby in there on her crib it worked fine just give him time put him on there for naps to so he will get use to it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BusyBeesmom
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with putting him in there to nap at first then try sleeping in his room with him for the first night or 2, getting up and going to your room once hes good and asleep. Itmight take some time and patience. He will adjust to it though. good luck!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:14 AM
I agree.

Quoting BusyBeesmom:

I agree with putting him in there to nap at first then try sleeping in his room with him for the first night or 2, getting up and going to your room once hes good and asleep. Itmight take some time and patience. He will adjust to it though. good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WritingMom777
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Start with naps.  Make a huge deal out of the greatness of the new room. Buy a nightlight with stars, etc. that will make the ceiling light up. You might have to start with swtiching to a crib in your room or make sure there are other times he sleeps in the crib at first. Make it sound like it is the greatest thing in the world.  If you are super excited and happy then the child will react to your reactions and get the idea it is a good thing. 

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Quoting Janet:

I agree.

Quoting BusyBeesmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squeekers
Today at 1:17 AM
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM

practice nap time in the new bed for a few days so he learns what it feels like, maybe

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Move the pack-n-play into his room until he's comfortable in there.  Then move him to his crib.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)