Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

depo shot...

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:32 PM
  • 19 Replies
I am stopping the damn shot! I have been bleeding for a month straight and sick of it, how it makes me feel... my mood swings.. hormonal imbalance...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DayDreamer1201
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:34 PM

It makes your bones week........................

Depo is terrible

Small10
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:37 PM
I haven't had that problem. But I also was told that it happen after extended time on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eyrich_baby012
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:08 AM

my sister was on i to reg her periord and a month after she recieved it she sarted bleeding its been 5-6weeks straight now and her hormones off the damn wall. agree with you. i was going to get the shot after i had my son but didnt an glad i didnt with all i hear about it.

shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:09 AM
That shit is the devil.
i honestly Dont even know why it hasn't been taken if the market yet, it has so many negative side effects.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Small10
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:14 AM
I only did it cuz I can't ever remember pills. I regret it so bad. I had a miscarriage right after starting it. I didn't even know I was pregnant...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Bah, sorry mama! Hope you figure out another alternative soon. I'm hating the pill right now. I have been on my period for 2 months now. My hormones are all over the place. My skin never ever breaks out & I look like a freaking pimply teenager right now. Lucky me! hah

BelleVernonGirl
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:07 AM

My daughter got the Implanon implant and has no side effects from it...she has no period either.  You could check into that...fingers cross that there are no long term complications...

Small10
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:21 AM
I talked in depth about birth control to my husband, and given his hormonal replacement therapy (can make him virtually sterile) we are going to stick to condoms right now, so when we are ready to try again, we don't have to wait for birth control to leave my system. We think this us best for us right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawn1987
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:06 AM

i was on the depo for a yr in a half and it took 2 years to be completely out of my system. i also used the patch and i had a period for 2 months straight, and im not talking about light flow either. im never going back on birth control again. its also really bad for u. my sister in law is on the depo and its cuz she gets bad cramps. she has been on it since she was 16. she is 22 now i think. if she ever wants to have kids she is going to have to have her tubes and everything scraped out literally.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Everyone is different.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN