Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Making the switch to the toddler bed - Update

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:08 AM
  • 34 Replies

At what age did your child(ren) transition to the toddler bed?

I don't remember it being this hard with my oldest. Then again that was almost 6 years ago & he was an easy child all around. Anyone have any tips on what I can do to make this a little easier? I am SO tired!

I only fought her about 10 minutes tonight & then I just closed the door. She passed out within the 20 minutes I was gone & when I went to check on her!!! :)  Crossing my fingers for more nights like tonight. Her first night without the crib was Sunday. So not too bad.

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NicLof2
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:11 AM
My eldest was 3 (he never crawled out of his crib and that's when I was told you do the switch), my LO is to young and won't even sleep in his crib yet. Good luck mom and here's a BUMP
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:12 AM
Are you moving from co sleeping or a babybed?

We had the same transition crib for both kids. Taking away the drop bat wasn't a challenge on us. It was still "their bed" kwim
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:14 AM

My monster just turned 2. Even with the crib basically dropped to the floor she just uses her upper body strength and pulls herself right out! Crazy kid. I bet at 3 a LO would be much more understanding of actually staying IN the bed, lol. My oldest climbed out like twice at a year and a half. He never got out of his bed once I switched him though. 

Quoting NicLof2:

My eldest was 3 (he never crawled out of his crib and that's when I was told you do the switch), my LO is to young and won't even sleep in his crib yet. Good luck mom and here's a BUMP

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Moving her from the crib to the toddler bed. My problem is she just won't stay IN it. I fight with her for hours every night. She was so exhausted tonight she fell asleep with her face buried in the couch & was nearly smothering herself. I tried to adjust her & she just jumped right up like she had slept a full night sleep and started running around, lol. 

Quoting BraydensMama163:

We had the same transition crib for both kids. Taking away the drop bat wasn't a challenge on us. It was still "their bed" kwim

NicLof2
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:17 AM
How old is LO? Can you make it fun with a cool bed, redoing room, letting LO help you pick out a new theme for bed set? That worked for my eldest but he was easy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:20 AM

She just turned 2. She is a complete wild child. Nothing is ever easy with her haha. That was what I did with my oldest though. He thought his big boy bed was cool stuff & it wasn't a hard transition at all. Shes communicating less at 2 then he did at 1 1/2 when he made the switch though. So I feel like that makes it harder. She is just busy, busy, busy all the time. 

Quoting NicLof2:

How old is LO? Can you make it fun with a cool bed, redoing room, letting LO help you pick out a new theme for bed set? That worked for my eldest but he was easy.

PinkButterfly66
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Can you put a baby gate on her room so she will stay in and just tell her that she can look at her books or play quietly until she is ready for sleep?  My daughter was the same way.  After 2 sleepless nights, we put her back in the crib and tried again a couple of months later.  It was easier the 2nd time.  She still got out of bed, but she wasn't running around and screaming for us.

Quoting splatz:

Moving her from the crib to the toddler bed. My problem is she just won't stay IN it. I fight with her for hours every night. She was so exhausted tonight she fell asleep with her face buried in the couch & was nearly smothering herself. I tried to adjust her & she just jumped right up like she had slept a full night sleep and started running around, lol. 

Quoting BraydensMama163:

NicLof2
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:29 AM
I'm scared my LO is gonna be like that he's a high maintanece baby. Lol
Good luck that's why Im scared to have a girl scared she'll be like me. Lol

Quoting splatz:

She just turned 2. She is a complete wild child. Nothing is ever easy with her haha. That was what I did with my oldest though. He thought his big boy bed was cool stuff & it wasn't a hard transition at all. Shes communicating less at 2 then he did at 1 1/2 when he made the switch though. So I feel like that makes it harder. She is just busy, busy, busy all the time. 

Quoting NicLof2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:21 AM
Awww they get use to it. We had that problem for a while to. Had to buy DD a leap frog "TV mobile" that ran on batteries and she watched the pictures spin round and round and listen to the story. She eventually would settle down and lay in bed to watch it.

She didn't do a TV at that age

Quoting splatz:

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:11 AM
Three is a good age to. Then they can understand more at age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)