Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Children's height calculators

Posted by   + Show Post
Anyone know any accurate ones?
I "test" the accuracy by inputting my parents' and my info; then, if it gives me my height, I figure it's pretty accurate. Most of them say I should be 5'3" instead of the 5'2" I am. I'm not sure now whether they're off or I am.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Replies (41-50):
TeaHound
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:24 AM
My older son and daughter are probably going to be about the same height as dh. My younger dd is probably going to be about the same height as I am: I'm 5'2". My younger son will be MUCH taller than all of us: 6'-ish. :-0

Quoting pochaccotx:

It says my dd will be 5'3" and ds will be 6'... I'm 5'8" and dd dad is 5'7" and ds is 6'2" so sounds about right.

Quoting mom2gr8tgirls:

I used this one.  http://www.babycenter.com/child-height-predictor

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:25 AM
I was told 2 1/2 by mine. Of course my older sister should only be 4'11" not the 5'4" she is. so i wouldnt trust that.

Quoting Aamy:

My Pedi said you take their 2yr height, and dble it for their total height as an adult. DD is well on her way, they said 5'9 to 5'10 , not sure on DS yet. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:32 AM
I grew 5" in 5 months after I started my period.

Quoting KLove_Mom:

I've heard the 2 year old mark before... there's also the puberty one, especially for girls. When a girl gets her first period she usually grows 2 more inches. 

But you have to remember that mixing two sets of genes doesn't always turn out the same.  I have 2 girl cousins, one is 5'2" and the other is 6'1". 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TeaHound
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:32 AM
When my half brother was little, it was ON the third bday. He's every inch of the about 6'the he was measured at.

Quoting Jenn8604:

I was told 2 1/2 by mine. Of course my older sister should only be 4'11" not the 5'4" she is. so i wouldnt trust that.

Quoting Aamy:

My Pedi said you take their 2yr height, and dble it for their total height as an adult. DD is well on her way, they said 5'9 to 5'10 , not sure on DS yet. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:36 AM
yeah see three different ideas from 3 different drs. I'll just wait and see. Hes 42 1/2" now at 4. so i figure should be tall.

Quoting TeaHound:

When my half brother was little, it was ON the third bday. He's every inch of the about 6'the he was measured at.

Quoting Jenn8604:

Quoting Aamy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TeaHound
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:26 PM
I'm not losing height. I've been 5'2" tall since I was 13.

Quoting maribou:

You should talk to your doctor about loss of height.  That is a predictor of osteoporosis (unless they use to measure you with shoes on).

Quoting Basherte:

It's possible, my husband was always told that he should have been 6'4" tall, and he is actually 6'2" tall. 

I used to be 5'5½" tall, but now I'm 5' 4¾" tall. I don't where I lost that much height. I am going to check this out and see how tall I should have been. I've never been told anything like that. I'll check to see about my son now as well. He's 3 years old almost 4 years old and is already over 3'6" tall.

EDIT:  According to the one I tried, my son should be about 6'6" tall.

Quoting TeaHound:

I googled "children's height predictor" or "children's height calculator" and about half a dozen came up. The vast majority of them "predict" my height to be 5'3" instead of the 5'2" I am. The only one I have found that says 5'2" is at the baby center website. Because so many of them "predict" my height at 5'3" and my arms measure that, I was wondering if they were accurate and I just didn't reach my full height potential. ;)

Quoting Basherte:

oh okay. I have never really wanted to know how tall my kids will be. I figure I can wait the 18 years to find out how tall they are/will be.

Where can I find one of those? I now find myself curious as to how tall my little one will be.

Quoting TeaHound:

You know how parents always want to know how tall their kids will be when they're adults? A height predictor or calculator takes info like your and their father's, the child's height, weight and age and makes a prediction about the child's adult height.

Quoting Basherte:

What is this?

Height calculators do what exactly?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TeaHound
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:31 PM
Yeah, it doesn't sound like you have shorties like my kids. (Says the 5'2"I mom laughing at herself).

Funny thing too: I always wear shoes: sneakers during the day (@ "work"; I'm a SAHM) and flip flops as house shoes in the evenings (we have hard wood floors). I was going around barefoot for the first time in over a year the other day and I felt soooooo SHORT!!! lol

Quoting Jenn8604:

yeah see three different ideas from 3 different drs. I'll just wait and see. Hes 42 1/2" now at 4. so i figure should be tall.

Quoting TeaHound:

Quoting Jenn8604:

Quoting Aamy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TeaHound
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:33 PM
Wow!!! I wish I could have grown 5" EVER!!! Not really, I actually like being a shorty. It's fun to guess and see about our kids though, huh?

Quoting Jenn8604:

Quoting KLove_Mom:

I've heard the 2 year old mark before... there's also the puberty one, especially for girls. When a girl gets her first period she usually grows 2 more inches. 

But you have to remember that mixing two sets of genes doesn't always turn out the same.  I have 2 girl cousins, one is 5'2" and the other is 6'1". 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:45 PM
and come back when our kids are done growing and see who was close.
I figure mine will be between 5'10" like the sperm donor and 6'1" like my uncles.

Quoting TeaHound:

Wow!!! I wish I could have grown 5" EVER!!! Not really, I actually like being a shorty. It's fun to guess and see about our kids though, huh?

Quoting Jenn8604:

Quoting KLove_Mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TeaHound
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I like that idea!

It would be an act of God (and I believe He can do it); for my kids to get to 5' and double digits. lol

Quoting Jenn8604:

and come back when our kids are done growing and see who was close.

I figure mine will be between 5'10" like the sperm donor and 6'1" like my uncles.

Quoting TeaHound:

Quoting Jenn8604:

Quoting KLove_Mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN