Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Children's height calculators

Posted by   + Show Post
Anyone know any accurate ones?
I "test" the accuracy by inputting my parents' and my info; then, if it gives me my height, I figure it's pretty accurate. Most of them say I should be 5'3" instead of the 5'2" I am. I'm not sure now whether they're off or I am.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Replies (31-40):
TeaHound
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:07 AM
We have problems buying clothes for our oldest: tall and very slim. Our oldest and youngest take after dh and have no (and I mean NO)might butt AT ALL!!! Pants just don't stay up if they're long enough! lol

Quoting Basherte:

Well, according to his doctor he is in the 97% for his age. And in weight he is 50% I think. Or something like that. He's tall and thin. Very hard to find clothes for him.  They either fit with a tiny bit of room around his waist and are really short or they are long and big around the waist. So I buy the long ones that also have elastic with buttons on the inside at the waist and they last him for a little while.Pajammas are bought so they fit him when we buy them. So we are buying them all the time. But I'd rather have that than have a chance of him burning really badly in a fire. I'm a bit paranoid with that.

Quoting TeaHound:

Three and a half feet tall is pretty tall for 4. I guess ppl really are getting taller. Just not my family. lol

Quoting Basherte:

It's possible, my husband was always told that he should have been 6'4" tall, and he is actually 6'2" tall. 

I used to be 5'5½" tall, but now I'm 5' 4¾" tall. I don't where I lost that much height. I am going to check this out and see how tall I should have been. I've never been told anything like that. I'll check to see about my son now as well. He's 3 years old almost 4 years old and is already over 3'6" tall.

EDIT:  According to the one I tried, my son should be about 6'6" tall.

Quoting TeaHound:

I googled "children's height predictor" or "children's height calculator" and about half a dozen came up. The vast majority of them "predict" my height to be 5'3" instead of the 5'2" I am. The only one I have found that says 5'2" is at the baby center website. Because so many of them "predict" my height at 5'3" and my arms measure that, I was wondering if they were accurate and I just didn't reach my full height potential. ;)

Quoting Basherte:

oh okay. I have never really wanted to know how tall my kids will be. I figure I can wait the 18 years to find out how tall they are/will be.

Where can I find one of those? I now find myself curious as to how tall my little one will be.

Quoting TeaHound:

You know how parents always want to know how tall their kids will be when they're adults? A height predictor or calculator takes info like your and their father's, the child's height, weight and age and makes a prediction about the child's adult height.

Quoting Basherte:

What is this?

Height calculators do what exactly?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:20 AM

I have this sneaking feeling that I will be investing in a lot of belts as he grows.

*giggles* My husband has that "disease" as well. It's called noassatall.

Quoting TeaHound:

We have problems buying clothes for our oldest: tall and very slim. Our oldest and youngest take after dh and have no (and I mean NO)might butt AT ALL!!! Pants just don't stay up if they're long enough! lol

Quoting Basherte:

Well, according to his doctor he is in the 97% for his age. And in weight he is 50% I think. Or something like that. He's tall and thin. Very hard to find clothes for him.  They either fit with a tiny bit of room around his waist and are really short or they are long and big around the waist. So I buy the long ones that also have elastic with buttons on the inside at the waist and they last him for a little while.Pajammas are bought so they fit him when we buy them. So we are buying them all the time. But I'd rather have that than have a chance of him burning really badly in a fire. I'm a bit paranoid with that.

Quoting TeaHound:

Three and a half feet tall is pretty tall for 4. I guess ppl really are getting taller. Just not my family. lol

Quoting Basherte:

It's possible, my husband was always told that he should have been 6'4" tall, and he is actually 6'2" tall. 

I used to be 5'5½" tall, but now I'm 5' 4¾" tall. I don't where I lost that much height. I am going to check this out and see how tall I should have been. I've never been told anything like that. I'll check to see about my son now as well. He's 3 years old almost 4 years old and is already over 3'6" tall.

Quoting TeaHound:

I googled "children's height predictor" or "children's height calculator" and about half a dozen came up. The vast majority of them "predict" my height to be 5'3" instead of the 5'2" I am. The only one I have found that says 5'2" is at the baby center website. Because so many of them "predict" my height at 5'3" and my arms measure that, I was wondering if they were accurate and I just didn't reach my full height potential. ;)

Quoting Basherte:

oh okay. I have never really wanted to know how tall my kids will be. I figure I can wait the 18 years to find out how tall they are/will be.

Where can I find one of those? I now find myself curious as to how tall my little one will be.

Quoting TeaHound:

You know how parents always want to know how tall their kids will be when they're adults? A height predictor or calculator takes info like your and their father's, the child's height, weight and age and makes a prediction about the child's adult height.

Quoting Basherte:

What is this?

maribou
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:57 PM

You should talk to your doctor about loss of height.  That is a predictor of osteoporosis (unless they use to measure you with shoes on).

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting TeaHound:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting TeaHound:

Quoting Basherte:

What is this?

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:16 PM

That's the thing. I don't know. Plus every woman in my family on my mom's side lost height. Mostly not from osteoperosis. There was only one that had that, that I know of. I am looking for calcium and vitamin D pills. Because I don't drink enough milk or intake enough dairy as it is. Me being female means that I'm not getting anywhere near the amount that I should have. So... I will keep an eye on it. I might see a doctor. But more and more I'm finding that I don't want to go see a doctor. All they ever do is tell me to lose weight. No matter the issue I go to them with. 

The few times that I did ask my doctor way back when I noticed that I had gotten shorter, he either ignored me or just didn't want to talk to me about that. Cause he always changed the subject.

Quoting maribou:

You should talk to your doctor about loss of height.  That is a predictor of osteoporosis (unless they use to measure you with shoes on).

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting TeaHound:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting TeaHound:

Quoting Basherte:

What is this?

TeaHound
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:51 AM
We've called it having a no-butt. Being a girl, my dd is staring to "keep" a little-bit-of-butt when her growth spurts are over. We've renamed hers a "tiny hiney".

Quoting Basherte:

I have this sneaking feeling that I will be investing in a lot of belts as he grows.

Quoting TeaHound:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting TeaHound:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting TeaHound:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting TeaHound:

Quoting Basherte:

What is this?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:55 AM

*giggles* My DS is three and still has a hiney. I am having problems being able to tell when the growth spurt is over though. As he's started to eat us out of house and home all the time.  It's to the point that it feels like he's a teen boy in a 3 year old's body. He doesn't ever get sick while eating. And he isn't getting fat or anything. So I have to assume that he needs the amount of food that he's eating. 2 full sized waffles at a meal. 1 whole slice of pizza off of a large pizza. 

It's crazy. But he's healthy. 

Quoting TeaHound:

We've called it having a no-butt. Being a girl, my dd is staring to "keep" a little-bit-of-butt when her growth spurts are over. We've renamed hers a "tiny hiney".

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting TeaHound:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting TeaHound:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting TeaHound:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting TeaHound:

Quoting Basherte:

What is this?

pochaccotx
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:06 AM
It says my dd will be 5'3" and ds will be 6'... I'm 5'8" and dd dad is 5'7" and ds is 6'2" so sounds about right.

Quoting mom2gr8tgirls:

I used this one.  http://www.babycenter.com/child-height-predictor

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TeaHound
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Yeah, most drs only want to talk about what they say, not what you say. I'M paying YOU to tell me what you learned in medical school!!! I've found a few good drs, thankfully! Losing weight helps a lot of things, but it's not the end all be all of health.
About calcium/vitamin D, I'm just taking the generic one (I shop mostly at Walmart, which I HATE, but... anyway I take equate brand.

Quoting Basherte:

That's the thing. I don't know. Plus every woman in my family on my mom's side lost height. Mostly not from osteoperosis. There was only one that had that, that I know of. I am looking for calcium and vitamin D pills. Because I don't drink enough milk or intake enough dairy as it is. Me being female means that I'm not getting anywhere near the amount that I should have. So... I will keep an eye on it. I might see a doctor. But more and more I'm finding that I don't want to go see a doctor. All they ever do is tell me to lose weight. No matter the issue I go to them with. 

The few times that I did ask my doctor way back when I noticed that I had gotten shorter, he either ignored me or just didn't want to talk to me about that. Cause he always changed the subject.

Quoting maribou:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting TeaHound:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting TeaHound:

Quoting Basherte:

What is this?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TeaHound
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Can't find my children's height and weight info right now. Don't want to go throuh measuring and weighing ALL of them AGAIN!!! Will update when I find the info. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I don't mind walmart as a customer. As an associate, however, is a different story. 

I flat out refuse to accept that as the main reason. I've been heavy most of my life. Ever since I got my period. While I know that it affects my heart, my legs, my feet, possibly my back. When I say that something isn't right, it should be thought of as new. Otherwise I wouldn't bring it up. I am wanting to lose weight to be healthier. But as far as the way I look. I'm good with that. I'm beautiful just as I am. I just want to be a little healthier. And I know what to do for that. I've lost weight before and just then decided to stop watching what I eat as much, so I gained weight back. With my son wanting to eat healthy it's getting easier to be healthier. 

Quoting TeaHound:

Yeah, most drs only want to talk about what they say, not what you say. I'M paying YOU to tell me what you learned in medical school!!! I've found a few good drs, thankfully! Losing weight helps a lot of things, but it's not the end all be all of health.
About calcium/vitamin D, I'm just taking the generic one (I shop mostly at Walmart, which I HATE, but... anyway I take equate brand.

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting maribou:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting TeaHound:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting TeaHound:

Quoting Basherte:

What is this?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)