Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

no sleep for mommy

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:37 PM
  • 12 Replies

hi im a new mommy to a 15 day old girl and she never sleep much at all at nite were talkin up ever 40 min what can i do im kinda goin nuts

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2gr8tgirls
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Hello and welcome!  You have to remember that she's used to being thisclose to you.  :)  Where do you have her sleeping?  But also she's a newborn...they don't sleep very much.  Does she sleep better during the day?  

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Welcome to the group. If she sleeps better in a certain thing: bouncy, car seat, let her sleep in it at night for a night or 2 so you can get some sleep.

squeekers
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:55 PM

I remember that stage. I napped while she nursed. I got naps in 1.5 hr intervals.

i'm a happy Humanist.
question everything, except your mother.
i dont like to use capital letters.
crochetmom07
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Sleep when she sleeps. She will start sleeping more at one time, but it does take a little bit. She's still getting used to the world that is so much different than the one she's used to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
almondpigeon
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:59 PM
2 moms liked this

i don't know how you feel about cosleeping...but all my brand new babies slept with me with easy access to the boob all night.  it's the only way i was able to sleep.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:06 AM

Hugs...she will get to that point where she goes more in between naps...they wake up a lot at first...

Rileymommy2127
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:48 PM

BUMP!

Rileymommy2127
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:50 PM

what age do they start sleepin at nite more

sleepymommy87
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:10 PM
All babies are different. There's no set age for when they sleep more at night, and frequent waking is a natural defense against sids. Personally I breastfed and coslept/bedshare from the start and after about a month I was getting almost a full nights sleep. She still woke to eat but I didn't have to get up since she was right there. Not sure what your feeding/sleeping situation is but I am a happy mama with cosleeping/breastfeeding.

Quoting Rileymommy2127:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieFlower
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:28 PM

It really just varies. Is she breastfed? Where do you have her sleeping. I found that with my sons if I had them in my room, in their bassinet, on my side of the bed they and I slept much better. I could just reach over and place my hand on them and reassure them. It also made it easier to breastfeed them.

Quoting Rileymommy2127:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)