Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you feel guilty when..

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:16 AM
  • 95 Replies
You buy something for yourself? I bought a shirt today. Just a plain long sleeve shirt. And i felt guilty. I rarely buy things for myself. My kids have more clothes than i do. And thats fine. I always put their needs before my own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahLizyB
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope. I use to feel that way
shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:18 AM

yes i do.  especially lately since we have had so little spare cash.  I HAVE to buy some jeans tomorrow, but i am already cringing because i know its going to run me close to $40, and there are so many other things that we need as well.

Just a couple more weeks and we should be fine though.....

rayroe2
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:18 AM

No I don't feel guilty at all, I will give my kids everything they need but I would not feel guilty to spend money on myself that I earned.

NiCo86
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I feel guilty even going to work leaving my children with my husband, let alone a day care provider. I feel guilty doing anything without having my child with me, because their my responsibility, so where I go, they go. Even doing something as a walk by myself makes me feel guilty.

it's something that I need to learn to get over.

baquick
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Sometimes lol. After 6 years I bought VS bras. I needed desperately.

That week I had to buy a new tire bc I had a flat with a nail. If I hadn't gotten the bras I wouldn't have had to borrow from my grandma for the tire!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Im the same way!

Quoting NiCo86:

I feel guilty even going to work leaving my children with my husband, let alone a day care provider. I feel guilty doing anything without having my child with me, because their my responsibility, so where I go, they go. Even doing something as a walk by myself makes me feel guilty.

it's something that I need to learn to get over.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope.  I don't.  Treat yo self!

SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this

hee hee

KRIZZ25
we try to make excuses for ower kids bad behavior. when its ower fault for letting it happen in first place.we need to show them how to behave. dont make excuses ..make solutions ..
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:41 AM
how come u feel bad ??? ur kids have what thy need ..u have to get what u need ..if u don't no one will ..drop the gilt..
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:22 AM
I do sometimes. But I usually buy them a treat anyway then I don't feel quite as bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)