Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you feel guilty when..

Posted by   + Show Post
You buy something for yourself? I bought a shirt today. Just a plain long sleeve shirt. And i felt guilty. I rarely buy things for myself. My kids have more clothes than i do. And thats fine. I always put their needs before my own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Replies (21-30):
OliviasMommy611
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this
No way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Me.and.Them
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I don't feel guilty :) It's not like I am making them do without just to buy myself some clothes, they have plenty of clothes already. 

mom2gr8tgirls
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:37 PM

LOL...yeah, that's it.  I don't want to go buy any more since I'm 21 wks pregnant.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

1 pair of jeans?

Quoting mom2gr8tgirls:

Yeah, I feel like that too.  Unless it's something I needed.  Like the last pair of jeans I bought.  I needed them (my only pair had ripped in the inner thigh something fierce) since I only had one pair of jeans.

ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:48 PM
I only have 3.. I still need to buy alot of clothes. I had my son a year ago and I cant fit into most of my old clothes. LOL Damn kids.

Quoting mom2gr8tgirls:

LOL...yeah, that's it.  I don't want to go buy any more since I'm 21 wks pregnant.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

1 pair of jeans?

Quoting mom2gr8tgirls:

Yeah, I feel like that too.  Unless it's something I needed.  Like the last pair of jeans I bought.  I needed them (my only pair had ripped in the inner thigh something fierce) since I only had one pair of jeans.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KrazyGirl2012
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Everyone deserves something new for themselves every once in a while. I usually don't buy for myself either, but there are occasions when I see something that has caught my eye for quite some time and it's finally on the clearance rack or I have been waiting forever, so I pick it up. A little pick me up for yourself is a nice treat that every one deserves!

NicLof2
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Yes, my mom was the same way! She barely ever bought her self something when we were growing up. I like you feel they come 1st.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:08 AM
My mom was that way too.

Quoting NicLof2:

Yes, my mom was the same way! She barely ever bought her self something when we were growing up. I like you feel they come 1st.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BaBeezandMe
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:10 AM

sometimes yes....sometimes no

JamminOutMama
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:22 AM
Not too much because hubby makes good money but if I had a job it would be better feeling :) I'm looking for one so hopefully soon
ExquisiteMomof2
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:30 AM

I TOTALLY do. After I have sat there, scrutinized over the price/value and if I could possibly get it somewhere cheapier (All after I've done my research and brought coupons or went for a sale) I STILL sit there and ask myself, "Do I REALLY need this?" lol, I'd rather spend it on my husband or boys. It is VERY difficult for me to buy ME anything without feeling guility or questioning myself. I wear my clothing until it has holes. I wear my shoes until they fall apart. I don't use purses, so no need to bother with those. I NEED new underware, but I haven't gotten around to getting me any. I got my 2 year old some, and my husband some boxers, but did not get any undies for me. I NEED new pants, because I went back down to a size 8, which I have not been in YEARS, and all of my clothing is a size 10. (Even an 8 would be too big, but lets face it, no way in HELL could I EVER fit back into a size 6. Not with these hips at least. A size 7 would be great, but the retailers that sale size 7 are ridiculous in price. So............. I will wear a belt! Because it's cheaper and I already have two. lol)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)