Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you feel guilty when..

Posted by   + Show Post
You buy something for yourself? I bought a shirt today. Just a plain long sleeve shirt. And i felt guilty. I rarely buy things for myself. My kids have more clothes than i do. And thats fine. I always put their needs before my own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Replies (41-50):
jhslove
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:23 AM
1 mom liked this

No. As long as I'm not spending money we can't afford to spend, and my daughter has what she needs, I don't feel guilty for doing something for myself. I also don't feel guilty going to the gym, meeting a friend for a drink, or going out on a date with my husband. I think all of those things contribute to making me a happier person, which in turn makes me a better mom.

brittanyx22
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:05 AM
2 moms liked this
Never. My life didn't end when I had a baby. I put her needs first, but I don't put mine on hold either.
got3boyz
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I used to feel that way all the time.  I still feel that way from time to time, but I'm learning that's its ok to doing something for myself once in awhile.

brandi185
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:07 AM
1 mom liked this

no, but my kids are 8 and 11 years old and don't go through clothes as quickly as they use to.  so i don't have to put as much money into their clothes.  now unless we have the extra money i feel like i have to justify the need for an item.  if i can't justify the need for something then i don't buy it at that time, i'll wait.  

JocelynsMama1
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:11 AM

yep i always feel guilty lol....my husband has to make me buy stuff

momw2teens522
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:18 AM
Sometimes. I do feel guilty tho it is the casse we need clothing ourself
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:34 AM

There are times when I feel guilty for buying myself things. Then there are things that I don't feel guilty for buying myself.

Like socks, and things that make me feel more comfortable, I don't feel guilty for. Anything else though and I feel that I am spoiling myself when my son needs and wants things. 

LCG83
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:36 AM
Yes even if it's less than a dollar! Pitiful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlightlyPerfect
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:36 AM

What is making you feel guilty? What would cause that?

slightlyperfect

AleaKat
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:36 AM
Yes! I seriously can't remember the last time I bought myself anything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)