Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you feel guilty when..

Posted by   + Show Post
You buy something for yourself? I bought a shirt today. Just a plain long sleeve shirt. And i felt guilty. I rarely buy things for myself. My kids have more clothes than i do. And thats fine. I always put their needs before my own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Replies (51-60):
Avajay2
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:43 AM
Yes sometimes but I've finally started buying myself clothes because I've been pregnant for the majority of 4 years and I didn't have clothes. I do tend to buy my kids more though.
cammy002
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this

i dont feel gulity, but i do feel the need to ensure that dh and ds are ok before i do anything for myself. i havent had a decent winter coat in 3 years. last year both ds and dh got two. i really want to buy myself a coat this year. old nave had a sale on light jackets on saturday i was so bust thinking about getting on for ds i forgot that i needed one (they didnt have his size) i didnt realize until sunday i could have just bought one for myself.

CafeMom Tickersand still no baby

O.Schmidt
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:56 AM

No Way!! my daughter and husband always come first so when I spend $100 or $200 on clothes for my self, I don't feel guilty at all. Besides, you should never feel guilty about spending money on your self.

EmEssaDuaa

I akways do! I can;t remember the last time I bought somethign for myself lol, like everytime I go to buy something I think to myself this money could go to a can of milk for Dede a carton for Essa and 2 boxes of cereal with some baby food LOL I just can't bring ymself to buy anything ever for myself! 

busy mom

mommybug77
Never
Byrd15
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Yes... Half of the time I take it back.

Sad part is I need maternity cloths now, and I dont like spending the money... 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Rhiannon1980
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:13 AM
Sometimes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:18 AM

I used to feel that way but then my husband kept buying things anyway so if he is going to buy me things I might as well get what I want : )

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:28 AM

No I don't. Mine have more than i do too. I have to have some things.

Aamy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Yes. And i have taken stuff back because i felt guilty hehe. Hubby gets mad at me for that sometimes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)