Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you feel guilty when..

Posted by   + Show Post
You buy something for yourself? I bought a shirt today. Just a plain long sleeve shirt. And i felt guilty. I rarely buy things for myself. My kids have more clothes than i do. And thats fine. I always put their needs before my own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Replies (91-95):
sassysuie
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Yea, I would rather buy my babies extra clothes or toys than buy myself a want item. Now soaps and shampoos and toilet paper and things that I need get bought. But lotion, makeup, hair dye, cute clothes? Ehh it can be held off.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

I do that too. I put off buying make up alot of the time.

Quoting sassysuie:

Yes, I was at walmart earlier and picked up some lotion for my ecsema but ended up laying it down by the checkouts because I felt like I could use the money I was about to spend on something more important for my babies later on....

LOVES67
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Same here, they come first then me, but if I reallly need to buy something no I don't feel guilty..

daevans
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Lol same here. I'll buy something that I need/want, then something in the car or the house will break. That's why now I only buy a vs bra every 6 months or I wait until they have their sales. Lol but that's why I keep receipts.

Quoting baquick:

Sometimes lol. After 6 years I bought VS bras. I needed desperately.

That week I had to buy a new tire bc I had a flat with a nail. If I hadn't gotten the bras I wouldn't have had to borrow from my grandma for the tire!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daevans
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:53 AM
O I know how you feel. I have seborrheic dermatitis, and that stuff can get expensive. But it is a need, more than a want.

Quoting sassysuie:

Yea, I would rather buy my babies extra clothes or toys than buy myself a want item. Now soaps and shampoos and toilet paper and things that I need get bought. But lotion, makeup, hair dye, cute clothes? Ehh it can be held off.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

I do that too. I put off buying make up alot of the time.

Quoting sassysuie:

Yes, I was at walmart earlier and picked up some lotion for my ecsema but ended up laying it down by the checkouts because I felt like I could use the money I was about to spend on something more important for my babies later on....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Im glad Im not the only one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)