Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Do You Know...??

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:42 PM
  • 15 Replies
And what makes you a good mommy?? We have beautiful, incredible 10 year old dd....I ask myself this question a lot!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pammi86
by Pamela on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:52 PM

I know I am a good Mommy bc people remind me all the time. I think if someone else see's it it is just so refreshing and assuring and makes you realize its true! : )

babynurse454
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:57 PM
I agree with you, I know a lot of our friends and family tell us we are doing a great job. We want to do what is best for her,.yet let her grow up, which is soo hard for us to do. I want her to be the best she can.be without being pushy or over bearing! !

Quoting Pammi86:

I know I am a good Mommy bc people remind me all the time. I think if someone else see's it it is just so refreshing and assuring and makes you realize its true! : )

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Cause they come first above all else
Above me above my husband and I know he feels the same. I would do anything for these kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babynurse454
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:11 PM
Our children do come first and above all else! !! Hubby and I agree on that, we will make any and all scarifies for our child. We are involved in her life and we everything she does.

Quoting AleaKat:

Cause they come first above all else

Above me above my husband and I know he feels the same. I would do anything for these kids

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimberly161
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:25 PM
I respectfully disagree. I believe in our situation it works best for us to show our kids that they are not always first or most important. That's not real life. We love them and they know it. But showing them that sometimes other people come first is ok and in our children that is developing patience as well as care and concern for others. That's enough for me to know we are doing well as a family
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babynurse454
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:13 PM
I do agree with you, that your kids should know that putting others first is very important and sometimes you need to put others first... you must help others. Our dd knows that she is luckier than most, she also shares and will put others first before her own... Im proud of her for that. She gives more than she ask for. I will take some credit for that, she also knows that we are here for her know matter what, and she is loved unconditionally.

Quoting kimberly161:

I respectfully disagree. I believe in our situation it works best for us to show our kids that they are not always first or most important. That's not real life. We love them and they know it. But showing them that sometimes other people come first is ok and in our children that is developing patience as well as care and concern for others. That's enough for me to know we are doing well as a family

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I take it a day at a time.  I make a lot of mistakes....some things I do are positive, some not...but I keep going...

TeaHound
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:32 PM
I don't know or think I am. Dh says I am and our kids are good, loving ppl and well behaved, so I don't have a leg to stand on in an argument.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babynurse454
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I tell our dd that adults make mistakes and that is how we learn, I told her we never stop learning, and if I make a mistake, please forgive me because Im learning too! DH and I also have told her that she knows right from wrong and if she does something knowing it was wrong the punishment is much greater! And if she has a question about if it is right or wrong ,ask us. We are not perfect, we are doing our best. I just turned 55 ,hubby will be 58 next month, dd is almost 11 ! We are older, and I hope wiser... .lol
Im a nurse/ midwife, which has helped me with raising a child, I can at least answer the biology questions :)

Quoting delanna6two:

I take it a day at a time.  I make a lot of mistakes....some things I do are positive, some not...but I keep going...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Smart and wise lady!

Quoting kimberly161:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)