Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Landon got his first birthday invite!

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:30 PM
  • 17 Replies
So yeah....I was excited for him even though the entire class has to be invited rather than inviting one over another. He wants to go but I'm not sure what togtogether a kid I have never laid eyes on. Would it be rude to ask the mom when I RSVP? And another thing- I have no one to watch lex so would it be rude if I asked if it was okay that she came too?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviasMommy611
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:27 PM
I never know how to handle this. Are you suppose to go to!? See that's my dilemma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:53 PM
I know it sucks and this is just the first invite! Haha

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

I never know how to handle this. Are you suppose to go to!? See that's my dilemma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:55 PM
We had a few show up for DS birthday last year. They gave a cute card with a 10.

That's what I would do but we never go to birthdays
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommawhite08
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Not sure how old your kid is but I think the parents should stay if the party is out somewhere and even if it's at someones house if the kids aren't atleast 7.  I don't care if siblings come when we have parties, but i want to know ahead of time!

Supervane
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:19 AM
I never mind. When its just 1 sibling. But some people over due it and bring their whole family. Like 3 plus siblings!

Quoting mommawhite08:

Not sure how old your kid is but I think the parents should stay if the party is out somewhere and even if it's at someones house if the kids aren't atleast 7.  I don't care if siblings come when we have parties, but i want to know ahead of time!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:24 AM
OP if its a drop off party. Stay near by give the Mom your info to.

Last year I hosted a tie dye party for my DD and her preschool friends. I had 1 little boy be drooped off I was prepared for it to happen because I know some people do that. But I mean we are.talking 4 and 5 years old. Parents who only know me from a distance. I was a little nervous and honored that I look trust worthy just on looks.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:20 AM
He's 5. However even if he were 10 I would stay. I'm very distrusting of people and paranoid about something happening to my kids. Lol

Quoting mommawhite08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:21 AM
I'm assuming it isn't because it isn't mentioned on the invite.

Quoting Supervane:

OP if its a drop off party. Stay near by give the Mom your info to.

Last year I hosted a tie dye party for my DD and her preschool friends. I had 1 little boy be drooped off I was prepared for it to happen because I know some people do that. But I mean we are.talking 4 and 5 years old. Parents who only know me from a distance. I was a little nervous and honored that I look trust worthy just on looks.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I think this is what we will do. Thank you for the idea!

Quoting BraydensMama163:

We had a few show up for DS birthday last year. They gave a cute card with a 10.

That's what I would do but we never go to birthdays
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:23 AM
I don't think I could do that to a parent! Lol. Luckily I only have one other child and if I had someone to watch her, I wouldn't even consider asking if lex could come.

Quoting Supervane:

I never mind. When its just 1 sibling. But some people over due it and bring their whole family. Like 3 plus siblings!

Quoting mommawhite08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN