Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's Coffee Break time! Hot Topic: Man Dies After Cockroach Eating Contest

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to Mom to Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!

Edward Archbold was the "life of the party" kind of a guy who entered a superworm eating contest. Later he was in a cockroach eating contest and he won! Then he got sick and died. Tests are being conducted to determine the cause of death.

1. Do you think the bugs killed him, or that it was probably an unfortunate coincidence?

2. Was the store negligent in even allowing this contest to take place?

3. Would you ever enter an insect eating contest or other risky contest?

While you share your thoughts with us be sure to let us know what you
would like us to serve you!!

And be sure to check out these posts while you wait:

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us!!

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:18 AM
Replies (51-60):
flowerfunleah
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Mmm perfect drink! You guys must be pyschic ;-)

Quoting Cafe Beth:

Can you imagine that? Yuck!

I hope you'll enjoy this drink.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

First off, ew. 

Second, I'm not surprised! Maybe they burrowed in his esophagus and tried to eat their way out.

Cafe Beth
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Are you sure we couldn't convince you? LOL!

Please enjoy this coffee. :)

Quoting aom1112:

1. Do you think the bugs killed him, or that it was probably an unfortunate coincidence?
It's always a probability but no one will know it unless the tests shows it was.  

2. Was the store negligent in even allowing this contest to take place?
No, bugs.. roaches are eaten in other countries just fine.  

3. Would you ever enter an insect eating contest or other risky contest?
I'm not much of a risk taker and I HATE bugs so I would not even consider it. My answer is NO NO NO! 

Cafe Beth
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:47 PM

I think it's pretty gross too!

Here's some coffee for you.

Quoting Mommy4two:

Ummm... I think I'm about to hurl :-O throwing up

Greenenvy
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:57 PM

No, the bugs themselves probably did not kill him as people from other countries eat bugs daily, it's a norm in other parts of the world and they do not die from it.

luvcloudydays
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Maybe one of cockroaches was alive, and he didn't notice it crawl up his nose into his brain while he was stuffing his mouth...

iced chai latte w/ soy and no whip please!

Mandi812
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Ok what i have read so far on this is. 

Cockroaches are Related to Lobsters.  SOOOO if you are alregic to seafood, eating Roaches is a BAD idea because it has the same chemical in it as sea food does. 

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:22 PM

1. Do you think the bugs killed him, or that it was probably an unfortunate coincidence?  Its hard to tell. It very well could have been the bugs. 

2. Was the store negligent in even allowing this contest to take place? No. They offered it. And everyone had the right to choose to do it or not.

3. Would you ever enter an insect eating contest or other risky contest? No way. 

May i have an espresso please? :)

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:42 PM
1. Do you think bugs killed him,or that is was probably an unfortunate coincidence? I think it was both of them,,,

2. was the store negligent in even allowing this contest to take place? do not have a clue.

3.would you ever enter an insect eatting contest or other risky contest? o my word no way...

I would like a banana smoothie,no thanks on the food..
ZsMommy
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Roaches carry disease...this contest was a tragedy waiting to happen-and look what happened.

Course the man's ignorance to the fact that they carry disease also may have sealed his fate.

Oh-and mango smoothie please-thank you :)

Dinosaurspiders
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:52 PM

1. It sounds possible that the contest could have killed him. I would die if I ate a cockroach, but that would be from sheer horror and disgust.

2. This is not the first time a store contest has cost someone their life. Negligent? Depends on if they had them sign contracts first, because then legally they aren't negligent. However, I don't think it was a socially necessary contest and sounds rather disgusting, I don't see much point to it. 

3. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Iced chai teal latte please. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)