Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So 2 days ago my dh cooked dinner. Delicous!! But then i asked him if he would mind cleaning up (before some of u start ranting, i cook and clean all the time). I had a 13 hr shift to work monday and didnt feel like staying up late to clean up. He said, "dont worry, I'll clean it tomorrow." I say, "everytime you say that, u never follow through." So he says, " i know but this time i promise i will." I get home last night, about 10:45, i walk in and the kitchen is still a wreck. I stood there for a brief moment and decided i wouldn't get mad this time cuz i didnt want to ruin the good day i had. I didn't kiss him like usual. I simply said, " you promised to do something and you didn't. Im taking a shower now." I showered, then i went to the kitchen and proceeded to clean it. Now i assumed he'd be like," babe, let me do it." Well no, that didnt happen. He started talking about FOOTBALL!!!! i was soooooo angry. Why say you're gonna do something and not do it. If he had no intention of doing it, he shouldn't have promised. Its rare that i ask for help around the house although i wish he would help. So for him to promise me and then break that promise, its like a stab in my back. Anybody else have these issues??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Replies (21-23):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Hugs...

ARMYWife624
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Thats like talking to a brick wall. we talked, he denied making a promise. I explained that i know he works hard but so do i and it would b nice for a little help. Doesn't work. He thinks hes entitled to sit on his ass all day. Negative. Just once a week is all ask.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I don't have those issues b/c my dh would clean before he sat around a dirty house.  In reality, I woudl be the one more likely to say I'd clean it and then forget.  But I would hope my dh would talk to me about it.  I think you have every right to be upset.  Talk to him about how this makes you feel.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:59 PM

If he's denying ever promising then maybe it was just a simple misunderstanding.  If not, then this sounds like a bigger issue and marriage counseling is in order.

Quoting ARMYWife624:

Thats like talking to a brick wall. we talked, he denied making a promise. I explained that i know he works hard but so do i and it would b nice for a little help. Doesn't work. He thinks hes entitled to sit on his ass all day. Negative. Just once a week is all ask.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I don't have those issues b/c my dh would clean before he sat around a dirty house.  In reality, I woudl be the one more likely to say I'd clean it and then forget.  But I would hope my dh would talk to me about it.  I think you have every right to be upset.  Talk to him about how this makes you feel.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)