Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

silly question but I'm curious

Posted by   + Show Post
If you have a good relationship with your mil, does she have trouble remembering your birthday? Silly question, I know but Ive been wondering about this for a while. Dh and I have been married almost 7 years and my mil still doesn't know my birthday. It isn't that hard considering it is 8 days after my sil's birthday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:21 AM
Replies (11-20):
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:17 PM

My mil doesn't remember her own son's birthday =|

salamandersmom
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:42 PM

My MIL has passed away.  but she was always good with dates and stuff.  I loved, loved, loved that woman. 

SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Mine usually remembers.  She was late this year but in her defense she was going through some personal issues.  I've been married to her son for 12 years.

LadyBugMom09
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:39 PM
I'm havingg issues with mine, but she always remember mine. She has all bdays and anniversaries on her calendar.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sate
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Mine doesn't. I've been married for years and I consider my inlaws my parents/siblings but we usually don't remember each others birthdays. hah. I remember my sil but that's it. It doesn't bother me much because I'm bad with dates so I'm sure others are too. Your mil may just be bad at dates.

Knightquester
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:45 PM

My mother in-law knows my birthday, but does she wish me happy birthday or anything.... no.  Does it bother me given I've known her for over`13 years now.... no.

My mother in-law is the type of person I don't dislike or hate, but cannot relate to.  Her relationship with those within her own family are odd to me (and many others looking in), so I don't take what she does or doesn't do personally, it's just who she is.  She definitely won't be who I'll be when I become somebodies mother in-law, grandmother and such.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I really did not get to know mine too well...she was nice but passed before we were married...

baquick
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Lol. My stbmil doesn't even remember her own sons birthday. She finally got the day down but keeps making df 2 years older than he is! He's the first born. Her other son was born on flag day. Same as Ds. Every year she has to ask when ds's bday is. Poor woman is horrible with birthdays. I don't even begin to ask her to remember mine lol.

Tbh I only remember her bday is in October. I have a hard time remember df's and his is the day after my own mothers!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TeaHound
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:36 PM
I've always been like this. Lol

Quoting jltplk25:

I'm glad it made you laugh! :D

Lol. I used to be good with dates but other seems the older I get, the more forgetful I become.

Quoting Me.and.Them:

Your profile picture made me laugh!

Anyway, my mil remembers my birthday. I have a hard time remembering people's birthdays though. I have to ask my mom to remind me when my nieces birthdays are, I know the general time (end of September), but I can't ever remember the exact date. I know that's awful :( But I can't even remember my own phone number. lol 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LOVES67
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:44 PM

she knew my birthday,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)