Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

lmp or first ultrasound?

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:34 AM
  • 12 Replies

according to my last missed period i would be 24w3d pregnant. yet according to first ultrasound im 23w3d, 2nd ultrasound 24w0d and last ultrasound 25w0d. so which one do i go by? lmp or ultrasound? and if ultrasound, which one?thanks!

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I think at this point the lmp would be more accurate. had you got the ultrasound at around 8 weeks i would say use that...but the further you get, the less accurate the measure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:23 AM

How far along were you when you had your first ultrasound?  Very early ones are more accurate.

xsaripevecx
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:34 AM

i thought i was 7w5d, but ultrasound said 6w5d

SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd go by ultrasound then.  That was pretty early and the early ones have a high degree of accuracy.  You know due dates are just estimates anyway, right?

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Go by your first one.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:02 AM
My first ultrasound with my first born was at 20 weeks and it was my only. It was about dead on if I remember correctly. He was due 12/24 but he was born 12/25.

I had an u/s early with Lexi to make sure I didn't have another molar pregnancy. My lmp put me at 7/7 but the u/s put me at 7/11 so they kept the lmp as a guide. Didn't matter because she was born 6 days early. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ncohetero
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:05 AM
My lmp has me a week ahead. But the first ultrasound is what my doctors are going by as far as due date. I think the first ultrasound is the most accurate on determining your due date because tho it says a certain week and day on the ultrasound there's a formula they use that takes your lmp into consideration before they come up with a due date. My OB explained it and showed it to Me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieFlower
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:57 PM

If you had an earlier U/S I'd go by that. Later U/S are more inaccurate. I always tell people I have a Due Month not an EDD. There is a reason that there's two weeks on either side of an EDD.

Dinosaurspiders
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:53 PM

If you are positive about your lmp, I would go with last missed period. When you are that far along measurements are far from accurate, babies come in lots of different sizes by that time. In your first trimester measurements are more accurate, but your lmp would be even more so if you have a normal 28-30 day cycle. Oh, I just read you got the first one in your first trimester, yea, around that time they are pretty accurate. Plus or minus six days, though I think they are usually more accurate then that. 

OliviasMommy611
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:40 AM
Lmp.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)