Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

ewww, i'm a mean mommy!

Posted by   + Show Post

so, the plan for today was to get school done (we homeschool), have lunch, let the little ones take a nap & then go shopping for fall clothes/shoes/jackets, etc...  All morning, I've made it clear that in order to do that, the play room & bed rooms have to be clean.  What are the kids doing?  Yelling, screaming, fighting....basically NOT cleaning.  I just let them know there will be no shopping trip today & we'll try again tomorrow.  They have all told me I'm horribly mean.  

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:56 AM
Replies (11-20):
SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Sorry.

OliviasMommy611
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:53 PM
:)

Quoting goddess99:

ha yep been there done that

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snuggiewoogie
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I get told I am mean on a daily basis.......lol....

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:51 AM

You are a good Mom. 

I'm sure you will hear that many more times throughout their childhood.

Good luck. My mom always said that if we didn't call her mean at least a couple times during the year she wasn't doing her job. Until I was a teen and was really easy to deal with. I did what I was told, mostly did what I was asked to do. And didn't run around a lot.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:31 PM

lol..."mean"-ing business:)

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:31 PM

hope it goes better next time:)

salamandersmom
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh well.  You're not THAT mean.  I once told my kids that they had to clean the play room before Santa arrived... and they did the whole thing you just mentioned.  Yelling, screaming, fighting, and not a lot of cleaning.  The next day was Christmas morning... and they got socks and underwear from Santa, and note on the cookie plate saying he was disappointed, and that he didn't feel he could leave gifts for naughty children.  And, then he said he'd send an elf back that night with the gifts, and if the playroom was clean, he'd give them a second chance...  And... ummm... they spent the day frantically cleaning the playroom, and sure enough, the elf left the presents that night.  And I'm laughing, but I also know it was MEAN.  So... you got a ways to go before you reach mean-mommie status.  ;o)

salamandersmom
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Yeah, but if you're anything like me, if you had a maid, you'd feel obligated to clean before she arrived... you don't want her to think you are slobs!  So, you save the money and do it yourself.

Quoting TaraLani:

Oh gosh, yes it can! lol. It takes me about 3 hours to do the amount of work that I would normally do in 30 minutes lately, especially in the kitchen. Every little smell sets my stomach rumbling thses days. I'm pretty much over the morning sickness, but smells still make me feel sick. I'm talking about some stupid ones- chocolate milk powder and stuff! lol. And the bathroom? Yeah, that really needs a good mop, but I can't stand going in there unless I HAVE to right now- I even doubled up my B&B Wallflowers in there but it doesn't help! There are 5 people in the house, 2 of them grown men (the kids' Godfather is living with us) but for some reason, no one else can clean! I wish I could afford a maid! lol.

Quoting almondpigeon:

pregnancy will destroy a clean house!  that's what's going on with me.  i'm 29 weeks and having so much pain...i just literally cannot do all the chores that i usually do.  my house is a disaster.  and it doesn't help that 4 kids will make a gigantic mess and then i have to yell and go psycho at least once a day.  ahhh, pregnancy is a blessing :)

Quoting TaraLani:

Ha ha, I've been arguing with mine all morning about getting their rooms cleaned so we can get some schoolwork done so that later on when it's a little warmer out, we can go outside and play, maybe even go to the library after daddy gets home from work. (We only have 1 car.) What are they doing? Nothing they have been told, that's for sure! lol. I take that back- DD did FINALLY (30 minutes ago) sweep up the cereal they spilled during breakfast. In the meantime, I'm fighting my morning sickness again and just don't have the energy to chase them around to get things done. *sigh*

momofsunshine77
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:39 PM

you are not mean.  There are consequences to bad choices. 

TaraLani
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Lol, my mom used to do that. If there were dishes, she would shove them all in the (broken!) dishwasher or in the oven. On three different occasions she forgot that she had put them in the oven, until she preheated it for dinner. lol. We had to restock the tupperware on several occasions! But you're right, I most likely would feel obligated to do a clean before the cleaner came in, which kind of makes it a moot point. Maybe I should just pretend that I have company 15 minutes away- daily. lol.

Quoting salamandersmom:

Yeah, but if you're anything like me, if you had a maid, you'd feel obligated to clean before she arrived... you don't want her to think you are slobs!  So, you save the money and do it yourself.

Quoting TaraLani:

Oh gosh, yes it can! lol. It takes me about 3 hours to do the amount of work that I would normally do in 30 minutes lately, especially in the kitchen. Every little smell sets my stomach rumbling thses days. I'm pretty much over the morning sickness, but smells still make me feel sick. I'm talking about some stupid ones- chocolate milk powder and stuff! lol. And the bathroom? Yeah, that really needs a good mop, but I can't stand going in there unless I HAVE to right now- I even doubled up my B&B Wallflowers in there but it doesn't help! There are 5 people in the house, 2 of them grown men (the kids' Godfather is living with us) but for some reason, no one else can clean! I wish I could afford a maid! lol.

Quoting almondpigeon:

pregnancy will destroy a clean house!  that's what's going on with me.  i'm 29 weeks and having so much pain...i just literally cannot do all the chores that i usually do.  my house is a disaster.  and it doesn't help that 4 kids will make a gigantic mess and then i have to yell and go psycho at least once a day.  ahhh, pregnancy is a blessing :)

Quoting TaraLani:

Ha ha, I've been arguing with mine all morning about getting their rooms cleaned so we can get some schoolwork done so that later on when it's a little warmer out, we can go outside and play, maybe even go to the library after daddy gets home from work. (We only have 1 car.) What are they doing? Nothing they have been told, that's for sure! lol. I take that back- DD did FINALLY (30 minutes ago) sweep up the cereal they spilled during breakfast. In the meantime, I'm fighting my morning sickness again and just don't have the energy to chase them around to get things done. *sigh*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)