Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

ewww, i'm a mean mommy!

Posted by   + Show Post

so, the plan for today was to get school done (we homeschool), have lunch, let the little ones take a nap & then go shopping for fall clothes/shoes/jackets, etc...  All morning, I've made it clear that in order to do that, the play room & bed rooms have to be clean.  What are the kids doing?  Yelling, screaming, fighting....basically NOT cleaning.  I just let them know there will be no shopping trip today & we'll try again tomorrow.  They have all told me I'm horribly mean.  

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:56 AM
Replies (21-29):
salamandersmom
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:43 AM
1 mom liked this

lol... oh, crap. That's so funny, because my Mom does this, still today, and I have done it too.  I make sure to look in the oven before I turn it on... you never know what you might find in there.  And the trouble with PRETENDING there is company is that you always know it's not true.  My personal fav is to take a box and sweep everything off the counters and stuff it in the closet at the last minute.  I always think I'm going to go back and clean it up properly, but of course I never do.  Until the closets have reached critical mass, and I"m afraid to walk by the door, because i"m scared it will pop open and I'll be killed in an avalanche of stuff I should have cleaned up ages ago.  The last major closet cleaning, I hauled away THREE pick up loads of trash.  And a lot of it was just plain garbage like old newspapers and junk mail!  I realize this is stupid, but I do it anyway.  It seems like there is always so much to do, that I never get back to it.  And, I suppose, it's not TOO terrible, after all, the mess is all corralled into the closets, where no one can see it.  I just need to clean the closets out more often.  And thats my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Quoting TaraLani:

Lol, my mom used to do that. If there were dishes, she would shove them all in the (broken!) dishwasher or in the oven. On three different occasions she forgot that she had put them in the oven, until she preheated it for dinner. lol. We had to restock the tupperware on several occasions! But you're right, I most likely would feel obligated to do a clean before the cleaner came in, which kind of makes it a moot point. Maybe I should just pretend that I have company 15 minutes away- daily. lol.

Quoting salamandersmom:

Yeah, but if you're anything like me, if you had a maid, you'd feel obligated to clean before she arrived... you don't want her to think you are slobs!  So, you save the money and do it yourself.

Quoting TaraLani:

Oh gosh, yes it can! lol. It takes me about 3 hours to do the amount of work that I would normally do in 30 minutes lately, especially in the kitchen. Every little smell sets my stomach rumbling thses days. I'm pretty much over the morning sickness, but smells still make me feel sick. I'm talking about some stupid ones- chocolate milk powder and stuff! lol. And the bathroom? Yeah, that really needs a good mop, but I can't stand going in there unless I HAVE to right now- I even doubled up my B&B Wallflowers in there but it doesn't help! There are 5 people in the house, 2 of them grown men (the kids' Godfather is living with us) but for some reason, no one else can clean! I wish I could afford a maid! lol.

Quoting almondpigeon:

pregnancy will destroy a clean house!  that's what's going on with me.  i'm 29 weeks and having so much pain...i just literally cannot do all the chores that i usually do.  my house is a disaster.  and it doesn't help that 4 kids will make a gigantic mess and then i have to yell and go psycho at least once a day.  ahhh, pregnancy is a blessing :)

Quoting TaraLani:

Ha ha, I've been arguing with mine all morning about getting their rooms cleaned so we can get some schoolwork done so that later on when it's a little warmer out, we can go outside and play, maybe even go to the library after daddy gets home from work. (We only have 1 car.) What are they doing? Nothing they have been told, that's for sure! lol. I take that back- DD did FINALLY (30 minutes ago) sweep up the cereal they spilled during breakfast. In the meantime, I'm fighting my morning sickness again and just don't have the energy to chase them around to get things done. *sigh*

almondpigeon
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:05 AM

This cracked me up....I had to read it to my husband & then he cracked up.  Can you come over & whip my rotten kids in to shape????

Quoting salamandersmom:

Oh well.  You're not THAT mean.  I once told my kids that they had to clean the play room before Santa arrived... and they did the whole thing you just mentioned.  Yelling, screaming, fighting, and not a lot of cleaning.  The next day was Christmas morning... and they got socks and underwear from Santa, and note on the cookie plate saying he was disappointed, and that he didn't feel he could leave gifts for naughty children.  And, then he said he'd send an elf back that night with the gifts, and if the playroom was clean, he'd give them a second chance...  And... ummm... they spent the day frantically cleaning the playroom, and sure enough, the elf left the presents that night.  And I'm laughing, but I also know it was MEAN.  So... you got a ways to go before you reach mean-mommie status.  ;o)

puertoricangeek
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:58 AM

These are the fun times. Being called mean always breaks your heart and just wait until they are about 4 or 5 and the tell you they hate you. thats always fun too. 

I find it easier to just let them call you mean and, expecially if pregnant, let them know that they are making the baby in mommy's tummy sad because he/she feels the same thing as you.

FYI, i had both my baby sisters when I was pregnant with DS. They were 5 and 1 and just mean as hell. They finnaly understood if they hurt Sisi's feelings they hurt the baby's feelings and it usually got them to behave.

kalie691
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:30 PM

You sound so terribly cruel. Mommie Dearest could take a lesson from you lol.

gettct
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:53 PM

LOL well sounds to me like a normal household,in the end you will get there,good luck

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I hear "Mooooom your soo MEAN" all the time. That just tells me I'm doing a good job, lol. 

ididntdoit111
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:05 PM

You are horrid!!! Lol, My  2 youngest are 13 and 14 and I am mean if I say no computers before homework. Mean mean momma!

TexanMomOf6
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:53 PM

What a bunch of awful and mean mommies around here!  Making your children be responsible and follow your rules!!! You ought to be ashamed..... for shame, for shame, for shame......  :)

ADPIAKCMAMI
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:05 AM
I've heard if you haven't heard those words then your not doing your job as a mommy...lol...My oldest just got a new Nintendo ds for his birthday and I took it away because he likes to fight with his sister and he said I'm mean....lol kids just know how to make us feel terrible for doing the right thing!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN