Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

it really grinds my gears...

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:12 PM
  • 25 Replies
I have grown to hate taking my 5 year old to school. His elementary is a stone's throw from our house so sometimes we walk or when it is colder I drive. Well the crossing guard is a NIGHTMARE! He's so rude and hateful! He would holler at me when I would drop landon off but never would explain why I was in the wrong. I figured that out on my own (I was letting him out from the wrong side) but my god the nasty looks he gives me every time I come around! He never says anything nice to anyone and he acts like you're an idiot if you dont speed away after dropping your child off. I've seen a guy accidentally run over a cone and when he offered to help remove it, the crossing guard snapped at him and said "just get out of here." I don't know if I should say something to the principle or not. Idk if anyone else has had any issues either him.

What grinds your gears?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:14 PM
2 moms liked this

I would say something to the Principal. If no one speaks up then he will keep doing it.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:23 PM

I would too. i can't stand people like that.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Oh, and you can't be the only one.

NicLof2
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Quoting MistressMinerva:

I would say something to the Principal. If no one speaks up then he will keep doing it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
unsuspected
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Id say something to the principal and to the District. first, i'd go out of my way to be sweet and friendly to him though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:36 PM
I tried. Once. Lol.

Quoting unsuspected:

Id say something to the principal and to the District. first, i'd go out of my way to be sweet and friendly to him though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zumbafreak11
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:49 PM

My daughter's bussed to school because her ADHD apparently falls under "special needs".  I'm glad I don't have to deal with this rudeness.  Her school doesn't have a crossing guard anyway.  Some of the moms think their you-know-what doesn't stink though and I just try to stay away from them.  I figure because it's a private Catholic school, there's going to be a few in the crowd and they're not going to like me because I'm sinning being a Catholic divorcee- they think I'm going straight to hell.  In your situation, I'd talk to the principal and explain the crossing guard's rudeness to him/her.  If he/she's anything like my daughter's principal, stuff will get done.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:23 PM

wow, don't think I would like that either.....

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I'd say something.

At Cameron's school they have 2 teachers that work in the mornings & they get the kids out of the cars themselves so we don't have to worry about any issues like that. And I feel like my kiddo is way safer. Don't have to worry about someone running him down or him being in the way of the busses. 

georgeisfun
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:58 PM

I can't stand crossing guards. The whole crossing guard thing annoys me in general. I guess since I didn't have to deal with them when I was in school I really just don't see the point (I'm sure in some places they' actually are necessary, though). There was one particularly rude one that I had to pass on my way to my college years ago. I used to be a much meanier-minded person than I am now and would sometimes secretly think it would be nice if she got run over. Not hurt, mind you, just run over so she'd quit. Yes, I can be a terrible person at times.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)