Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Am I just being paranoid?

DF and I are getting married sometime in the next couple months at the courthouse, and our reception will be in December. I am worried that no friends will show up. When we had my baby shower when I was preg with DS, I only had 1 friend show up of all of the 12 or so friends that were invites. It was a little disappointing. Its not that I wanted more stuff as we got way more than we ever used, but I wanted them there to help me celebrate our baby. Now I'm afraid that no one will come to the wedding. I know there are at least a couple people that I am inviting that won't be able to make it, since the reception in on a friends sons birthday, but what about all the other people I would like there to have a good time with us? I am probably thinking way more into it than I should be. Someone please reassure me and make me feel better about this. Of all the things that I have to worry about about the wedding, like paying for and preparing food and deccorations, etc, this is the one that is getting to me the most.
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Replies (21-30):
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Invite the people and have them RSVP and if they don't show oh well. There loss not yours. Atleast they can't come back and say they weren't invited.  Just focus on you and your hubby that day. It's about you not them.

ShhhItsASecret
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:10 PM

I know your feeling. I'm sorry you had a disappoining baby shower. I had only 3 people show up for my baby shower. I wasn't having the shower for gifts. Just to celebreate. I had plenty of stuff for they baby I didn't need gifts. When I got pregnant 4 years later. I made it known I did not want another baby shower. I had all the stuff left over from my first baby and they were both females. So I had clothes too. I was not going to set myself up to be hurt again.

But as for your wedding. I hope someone shows up for you. It is really depressing when no one does.

mom2the.rescue
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I know how ya feel honey.  I was 19 when I had my baby shower.  None of my friends showed.  There were a ton of people-all family & friends of family.  I knew about 75% of them.  When we renewed our vows (we had no first wedding & reception), none of my in laws showed.  It was just: my mom, dad, gramma, grampa, 1 family friend.  But ya know what?  By the time we were that far into our marriage, we realized that none of the other people mattered.  At all.  Some friends/family are effin' stupid.  If there's anyone in particular you really want to come, call them and ask if got your invite.  Tell them it would mean a lot to you if they came.  The only time I'm re-hurt by our friends & family not coming to our stuff is when they invite us to theirs.  wtf ya know?

MonicaV1982
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Sadly people are self-absorbed now-a-days.

DiANAiVELiSSE
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:43 PM

I only had 6 ppl show up to my babyshower!! it really was very disappointing!

gypsy_rose
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:45 PM

only plan for the people that RSVP. have them RSVP 2 - 3 weeks in advance so you know how many people are comming. If no one comes spend that money on something special for you!

Sammi20
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:50 PM

I know how you feel I messed up my daughters first bday and put it on a wednesday (on accident) and No one came cause they were all working... ok a couple people (like gmas and gpas and 3 friends..) but it was pretty pathetic... I was sad.. and her 2nd bday we hardly knew anyone cause we just moved here.. so I did have the few people we Do know come but it was really small... :( yeah I now have a phobia of every holiday noone showing up... ugh >.<

Invite more people the more you invite the more will be likely to come :) and don't worry if its small... its about you and your hubby <3 and the love you share.

Jensep
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:02 PM

its 20% that they say doesnt show up! If they are good friends they will be there, if any of my good friends missed my wedding and didnt have a damn good reason, we would not be friends right now!

morrigan914
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:47 PM
I would follow up on the RSVPs and try to rearrange the date, if possible.

Sun_Shine_990
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Well maybe the "friends" you have aren't really friends at all then... I know I was worried about that too when I had my baby shower, that no one would show up and that I'd be sad and feel like I had no real friends ect ect... and I had almost everyone I invited show up for my baby shower.

however when I married DH we pretty much just had a court house type wedding with me and him and the pastor guy marrying us with a couple witnesses. and ya know for a few weeks after the wedding I felt disappointed that I didn't hold out for the wedding I really wanted, but know all the matters is that I am with the man of dreams and that we are happy together, not the kind of wedding we had or the amount of people that were there ect... as long as you and your dh are there and as long as you two really do love each other and are happy together ect then be happy marrying him and don't worry about who all shows up.... this is jmo from my experiences in life... good luck though...

bump...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN