Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

***KIDS***

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:24 AM
  • 15 Replies
Ok So My Kids Love To Ask A Question Seriously Like 100 Times Or If They Want Something And I Don't Answer Right Away They Repeat And Repeat Until I'm Going Crazy And I Can Say old on A Sec Mommys Busy Or Just Wait A Minute And It's Like They Completely Tune Me Out...Lol ...I Know Every Mom Goes Through It But What R Some Things You Do When Or If Your Children Do This!!!!!
@}Ad_Pia_Kc{@
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AleaKat
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:27 AM
2 moms liked this
Lose my shit! Lol
Haven't figured out a more "motherly" method yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaDee2Bee
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I just do what you say you do just tell them hold on a minute or ill get it for you just hang on...thats the only thing i can think of...itll teach your kids to be more patient...and know that they dont get what they ask for immediately  bc the reality is do WE as ADULTS ALWAYS get what WE want?! Not me anyway!!

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:43 PM
2 moms liked this

When my dd was little I used to tell her I'd give her a quarter if she would stop talking lol.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting goddess99:

When my dd was little I used to tell her I'd give her a quarter if she would stop talking lol.

LOL! Not a bad idea!
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Lose patience sometimes...lol...but I eventually get things answered even if later...

mommyto3bees
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:59 PM
Hate it lol
Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:11 PM

I do bribe sometimes. Sometimes I threaten to put them in the corner. It depends.

shan357
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:14 PM

I'm not sure how old your kids are, but when mine hit about 7 or so, I would do the same thing to them when they were busy with something. Then we would talk about how frustrating it was for them.  I would then point out that there were 3 of them and only one of me, so it didn't take long before I was ready to run to my room and cry.

I also ignored them until they quit, then sought them out and asked what they wanted.  It helped them learn that pestering me wouldn't get my attention. 

Good luck to you!

winkShannon

little.worthen
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:20 PM
I repeat back. Or I'll say his name over and over..

"Hey André, hey André, hey André, hey André."

And he goes STOP MOM!! And I say, "that's pretty annoying huh? So maybe you shouldn't do that to me."

He is 7 now, but when he was little I had to literally stop whatever I was doing and give him my full attention and tell him to go play until I was done with what I was doing and then he could talk to me. It was annoying but it worked really well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thecoffeefairy
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:22 PM
I immediately respond. Just a moment, ect. If they interrupt after that, the answer to their want is no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)