Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Dental Hygiene is important

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:27 PM
  • 6 Replies

Brushing your teeth for two minutes two times a day is critical if you want to maintain a healthy smile. It can help prevent cavities and gingivitis as well. Flossing helps remove plaque and food particles from places your toothbrush can't reach. Rinsing your mouth with mouthwash is important to prevent gingivitis too. Chewing sugar-free gum after you eat stimulates an important defense against tooth decay - saliva.

Would does your daily dental hygiene procedure look like? Do you visit your dentist routinely?

by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mom2the.rescue
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:41 PM

My mouth is filled with fillings, and now temporary crowns--my real ones will be in in about another week.  I brush & floss well and have since I can remember.  I've read that certain people have a certain bacteria in their mouth that causes cavities.  I'm 99.9% sure this is why I have issues.  My dh has never had a cleaning (ever) and has also never had a cavity (ever).  I've also stopped doing the fluoride treatments for my kids...not too sure on the safety of fluoride anymore.  Thanks for your concern!

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:47 PM

I was at the dentist maybe a year ago for a cleaning, no cavities, I brush 2-3 times a day.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:45 PM

I brush and floss daily. I am late on seeing the dentist.

SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Brushing my teeth morning and night.  I'm overdue for the dentist b/c my insurance changed and my dentist won't take the new carrier.  I'm having trouble finding someone that will take it.  Apparently, it's a terrible carrier that screws over dentists.

delanna6two
HAPPY FALL!!!
Yesterday at 2:51 PM
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:07 AM

I need to improve in this area...

kaitybird
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Just for the record bad teeth and gums can run in the family NO matter how many times you brush or floss!  With that being said, we go to the dentist twice a year for routines, I go a couple times more because I had a deep cleaning and well that is just the way it is.  For some of us it is a hard habit to get in to.  I have watched my gums get better so I am so much better at flossing and cleaning in between my teeth!  So much so I can be in and out of the chair in less than an hour now!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)