Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Calling all moms

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 2:47 PM
  • 12 Replies

That coupons. I'm watchin this tlc show that is called extreme couponing. I'm thinking about starting to coupon and save my family some money. Right now i'm just a stay at home mom and will be starting school next year. So I have plenty of time. Any suggestions on couponing? Where do I find these coupons? Let me know your couponing experience.

by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 5:40 PM
I don't have much luck but I tend to buy Sunday papers and search online coupon sites. Some companies even have coupons on their websites. Gl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 6:08 PM

I'm no help but here's a bump.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:38 PM

News papers and online!

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:05 PM

This. I know there are a boatload of coupon sites out there. You may even be able to find one that deals specifically with your local area. 

I've been slacking on the couponing front. 

Quoting Pammi86:

News papers and online!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:29 AM

From company sites on the net is one. The paper of course.

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM

That show is an overexaggeration and in most places, impossible to replicate.  Most stores, because of that show, have implemented coupon "rules" to keep customers from being that successful.  There are a couple of coupon groups on here and you can also get the local newspapers and check coupon websites.  It has been my experience though, that it's almost always less expensive to buy the less expensive brands (store brands, discount stores like Aldi) than to purchase brand name items with coupons.

little.worthen
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:45 AM
There is an extreme coupon ing moms group on here. Also check out coupons.com and thekrazycouponlady.com and on Facebook. You get the coupons from the Sunday paper. My suggestion would be to check out some coupon ing blogs and go to YouTube. That will teach you just about everything you need to know.
It's hard to get good at it until you find out the sale cycles at your stores, so have patience and don't give up!

Ps. Extreme couponing on TLC is fake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CorpCityGrl
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:48 AM

I agree!

I find the base prices for many of the items they buy to be ridiculous to begin with and in most areas, the whole process and the amount of savings next to impossible to replicate.  I use coupons but I do not go overboard nor do I spend hours upon hours doing it because I'm being practical.  I live in NY where what is shown on TLC could never be duplicated.  I'm happy with any savings I get - couponing or not.

Quoting mom2gr8tgirls:

That show is an overexaggeration and in most places, impossible to replicate.  Most stores, because of that show, have implemented coupon "rules" to keep customers from being that successful.  There are a couple of coupon groups on here and you can also get the local newspapers and check coupon websites.  It has been my experience though, that it's almost always less expensive to buy the less expensive brands (store brands, discount stores like Aldi) than to purchase brand name items with coupons.

proudmom5584
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Thanks ladies. I just want to save some. I would never have a whole room of stuff just stocked up for years. If I would have closets like that I would be donating. I would not buy things that I don't use just because it's on sale. Savings on laundry detergent and shampoo and cleaning supplies is what I need. Those products are so expensive.

Knightquester
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:10 PM

My husbands really good at it, but I suck at couponing.

He gets several Sunday papers, he stacks manufacturers coupons with store coupons and waits till items in the store go on sale.  I believe the most he's saved is up to 74% on a bunch of items.

He works long hours and has very little time to do a lot of couponing, but one of the tips he did share with me was that he learned what each store will accept and not accept when it comes to coupons.  He also talked to store managers personally to find out their rules.

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)