Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How do you get rid of nats??

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 8:32 AM
  • 34 Replies

They won't go away! My husband is a banana freak and they hang out in the kitchen around them. Now I am seeing a couple of them in the other room!

by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Pour a bit of ACV in a cup and add a couple drops of dawn (or whatever dish soap you have).  Then cover with saran wrap and pierce about 5 tiny holes in the top with a sharp knife.  Pretty soon, all the gnats will be dead at the bottom of the cup.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 8:44 AM

What is ACV?

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Pour a bit of ACV in a cup and add a couple drops of dawn (or whatever dish soap you have).  Then cover with saran wrap and pierce about 5 tiny holes in the top with a sharp knife.  Pretty soon, all the gnats will be dead at the bottom of the cup.

ncohetero
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 8:45 AM
Id like to know too as I'm having the same problem

Quoting Janet:

What is ACV?

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gr8tgirls
by Gold Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 9:48 AM

We had a huge issue with them a couple months ago.  They are so irritating!!!  We got rid of everything they were feeding on (we recycle aluminum cans and even though we rinsed them out they were still all over them) and then bombed our house.  We were also having problems with giant spiders too, that's why we bombed.

twinners.mama
by Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Apple Cider Vinegar

Quoting ncohetero:

Quoting Janet:

What is ACV?

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumaSue
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Thanks for this ... having trouble with them myself.

ncohetero
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 10:28 AM

thank you im going to try this

Quoting twinners.mama:

Apple Cider Vinegar

Quoting ncohetero:

Quoting Janet:

What is ACV?

Quoting SlapItHigh:

twinners.mama
by Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Yup! I used to use a plastic baggie instead of saran wrap and cut the tip of just barely and point it down into the cup but mot touching tge apple cider vinegar. Eitger way just make sure the holes are small...big enough for them to get in small enough they can't find their way out.

Quoting ncohetero:

thank you im going to try this

Quoting twinners.mama:

Apple Cider Vinegar

Quoting ncohetero:

Quoting Janet:

What is ACV?

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snuggiewoogie
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 11:03 AM

I wish I knew....... They are so annoying!

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 11:34 AM

There is some rat stuff dh got from Walmart that works pretty good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)