Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I'm so exhausted!

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 5:10 PM
  • 16 Replies
As of late I have been horribly exhausted. I've gone to bed around 10:30 the past few night and last night I was in bed before 9:30! From Monday to Friday I have to get up at 6:30 a.m in order to get Landon to school so that should be plenty of sleep. Plus a majority of the time both kids are sleeping through the night so I've been able to get uninterrupted sleep. I don't drink a lot of soda, in fact, I've been trying to eat better and drink more water.

My job isn't really physically draining...my thyroid is fine....so wth is wrong with me? And no I'm not pregnant. Loki
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angie2568
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Your iron level could be low, your body could be healing itself from an unknown virus with no symptoms or it could just be your bodies way of telling your mind to just slow down.

Try for 1 week - baked or boiled - water/garlic seeds- plain chicken breasts (add orange slices (cleaned), lemon, lime juice or an herb to flavor). Black beans, and lipton black current tea (regular lipton). Drink orange juice in the am, eat a small breakfast, at about 8:30-10:00am eat small snack fruit or veggies, drink water throughout the day, eat a the chicken for lunch or supper, then at lunch or supper then eat another well-balanced meal, then eat a fruit or veggie in the afternoon for snack. Make sure you exercise 30 mins per day getting heart rate elevated. Ensure you do not eat two hours before bedtime.

Good Luck.

marygj
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Are you taking vitamins? May be you are just lacking on some.
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Oct. 20, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I know the feeling. It's just because I work too much.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Thanks. :) I have been trying to work out of an evening in an effort to lose 20 lbs. I really need to set my mind back on eating better.

Quoting angie2568:

Your iron level could be low, your body could be healing itself from an unknown virus with no symptoms or it could just be your bodies way of telling your mind to just slow down.

Try for 1 week - baked or boiled - water/garlic seeds- plain chicken breasts (add orange slices (cleaned), lemon, lime juice or an herb to flavor). Black beans, and lipton black current tea (regular lipton). Drink orange juice in the am, eat a small breakfast, at about 8:30-10:00am eat small snack fruit or veggies, drink water throughout the day, eat a the chicken for lunch or supper, then at lunch or supper then eat another well-balanced meal, then eat a fruit or veggie in the afternoon for snack. Make sure you exercise 30 mins per day getting heart rate elevated. Ensure you do not eat two hours before bedtime.

Good Luck.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2012 at 10:50 PM
I could be. I have them but I forget to take them of a morning. Lol

Quoting marygj:

Are you taking vitamins? May be you are just lacking on some.
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2012 at 10:51 PM
I've been working 9-3 four days a week which isn't bad...it's the getting up at 6:30 to get my kiddo to school that's killing me. Lol.

Quoting MistressMinerva:

I know the feeling. It's just because I work too much.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Hope it gets better...

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Is your job mentally draining? 

Are you depressed? Or as Angie stated, your iron could be low.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Yeah it can be mentally draining. I'm a personal care attendant for my 3 year old special needs sil. I do therapy, meds, baths, diapers, etc plus take care of my own 2 year old. As for depression...I don't think so. I'm on generic celexa atm for pmdd.

Quoting Basherte:

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Oh okay. I hope things turn around for you soon. Are you having any troubles sleeping at night? 

I'm not sure I can help. All I can really do is put out suggestions, and hope that something whether it be from me or someone else helps. 

Feel free to vent all you want. *giggles* Sometimes that helps me. All full of tension and don't even realize it until I start, then I go off and when I'm done I feel so much better  that that night I sleep better than I had been, even though I didn't realize I wasn't sleeping well, and the next day I'm not as exhausted as I had been. 

I'm also trying to figure out why I've been so exhausted lately. And I know that I'm feeling blah lately. Other than vegging in front of my computer and taking care of my son, I haven't really been wanting to do anything lately. I just, in the last couple of days, have been feeling like getting experimental with cooking again.

Quoting jltplk25:

Yeah it can be mentally draining. I'm a personal care attendant for my 3 year old special needs sil. I do therapy, meds, baths, diapers, etc plus take care of my own 2 year old. As for depression...I don't think so. I'm on generic celexa atm for pmdd.

Quoting Basherte:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN