Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I'm not sure if this question belongs here or not...

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 2:34 AM
  • 25 Replies

Okay, so i'm 30 weeks 4 days pregnant

& i'm wondering when is a safe time to TRY and start inducing labor... 

The doctor told me that my baby is perfectly healthy & she's big for how old she is right now.

But i'm in so much pain & discomfort that it's not even funny anymore.. i have a lot of pressure down there.. and it's way too hard to sleep.. i've tried everything to ease the pain and pressure and sleep more comfy but nothing has worked.. and i mean nothing at all.. i've tried everything.

I just don't know.. 

I just want to get my pregnancy done and over with, i've had such a tough pregnancy lately.. i had only 1-2 months that were good. 

Please help if you can....

by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 2:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
McM0609
by Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 2:41 AM
2 moms liked this
Dont induce labor just yet. Anything 38 wks and over will be best to induce labour. Anything before bbys lungs maybe too immature and can potentially cause problems. Thats pregnancy tho its hard and painful. Id recommend going to the chiropractor (sp?) It helped me a lot in my last pregnancy good luck and hang in there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
unspecified42
by Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 3:44 AM
2 moms liked this
Research shows that there is a benefit to every week. But I feel your pain:( (literally) and realistically there isn't anything you can do to start labor at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bethy16
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 5:43 AM
1 mom liked this
From someone who lost a baby because she was born too early and my next daughter was also premature every week counts!!! You do not want to have a 30 week premature baby!! As much pain as I was in my last pregnancy (she is now 6 months) the difference between my two daughters developmentally is astounding. Babies are meant to cook 40-42 weeks for a reason. Don't take this the wrong way buy it would be extremely selfish to induce labour on purpose and no doctor would encourage it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704615504576172291331227676.html

"For an unborn baby to develop fully, obstetrics groups firmly recommend 39 weeks in the womb—and not a day less, if labor will be induced without a medical reason."

"Now, a growing body of medical evidence indicates that gestation even a few days short of a full 39 weeks can lead to short- and long-term health risks."

"According to the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, infants born at 37 to 38 weeks face problems with brain development and function, including psychological, behavioral and emotional problems. It recently launched an education program for doctors, midwives and nurses. "We know the best incubator is the uterus, and if there is no reason for a baby to be delivered early then it should never occur before 39 weeks," says Diane Ashton, deputy medical director for the March of Dimes, which is leading a national campaign to reduce early induced deliveries. "Why would you subject your child to short- and long-term complications if they are avoidable?"

January1964
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Just hang in there and wait. You can do it.

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 22, 2012 at 10:21 AM

I wouldn't even think about doing anything until week 39 and even then I'd wait.

teenmom33
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 11:51 AM

I had my son a day before 38weeks hes healthy and doing great but  all babys are different... My aunnt induced her labor at 37weeks ... i would just wait but  if u are id wait till atleast 37weeks.

unsuspected
by Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Lady, this is training for the newborm stage! Get used to no sleep.

It is very selfish of you to consider evicting your baby for your own comfort.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smac28
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel for you, i REALLY do. The end of my pregnancy I literally sat on the couch all night wishing for sleep. But the best thing for you and the baby is just wait it out. you still have 10 weeks. . .healthy inside may not mean healthy outside . . . yet. hang in there, you can do it!

onenamillion123
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 3:07 PM
2 moms liked this
You wouldprobably never forgive yourself if you did manage to induce labor 2 or 3 weeks early and the baby was sick. There are things you can do. My doctor allowed me to take a benydryl when I hadn't had any sleep. I was huge, hurt all the time, I could go on and on but I never wanted to forcefully kick my baby ok it of her place of nurturing. I was due November 2nd by the ultrasound. I did not have her til November 19th! They started doing a test every few days to make sure the placenta was still functioning. When she was born she had colic, I felt so bad for her, she cried a lot with pain, stomach cramps. I would gladly have agreed to trade her pain for my pregnancy pains if I could have done so.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)