Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I'm not sure if this question belongs here or not...

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay, so i'm 30 weeks 4 days pregnant

& i'm wondering when is a safe time to TRY and start inducing labor... 

The doctor told me that my baby is perfectly healthy & she's big for how old she is right now.

But i'm in so much pain & discomfort that it's not even funny anymore.. i have a lot of pressure down there.. and it's way too hard to sleep.. i've tried everything to ease the pain and pressure and sleep more comfy but nothing has worked.. and i mean nothing at all.. i've tried everything.

I just don't know.. 

I just want to get my pregnancy done and over with, i've had such a tough pregnancy lately.. i had only 1-2 months that were good. 

Please help if you can....

by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 2:34 AM
Replies (11-20):
gracieb3
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 10:19 PM

It's never safe. Your body will get the signals when you baby is ready and you will start labor. If your doctor has a real medical concern then they will plan to take early but rarely prior to 38 weeks unless major medical issues. Please don't try to rush your baby here. I understand miserable pregnancy but it's not worth the risk. Baby lungs need all the end of third trimester to develop and if your doctor felt the need to take the baby sooner then they initiate medications to speed that development up. I can only tell you that the misery will soon be forgotten and that this work is needed to get your baby here at his or her healthiest. Prayers.

norwgnwood
by Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Babies come when babies are ready. You're only 75% of the way finished. When you take an exam do you want a 75 or a 100? When you cook dinner do you only cook 75 % of the food?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 10:23 AM

How are you feeling today?

girlcarrot
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Putting your comfort before your unborn baby? Not smart. U/S are ballpark estimates for weight they can be up to two lbs off or more under weight than what they estimate.

That is a premature baby if you try to induce yourself at 30 weeks. And if you do it and you can seriously never forgive yourself if your unborn baby comes out with complications due to your selfishness. I had the same issues you had - I started showing with pain at 6 months with my son and my labor I had back labor naturally for 17 hours. So, it is very selfish. I rather wait 8 or more weeks to get a well baked baby without complications.

Go get a pedicure and take a nap.

BabyFruit Ticker
Maevelyn
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 10:53 AM

10 weeks early? Really? REALLY? No this question doesn't belong here because it's completely rediculous. Human babies are born premature anyway just so they can pass through the birth canal. The march of dimes has a campaign to educate mothers about how much development happens in the last week of pregnancy because they are starting to see the medical fall our from women inducing kids ASAP. We were all uncomfortable at 30 weeks it's part of the gig. I suggest you make this your first and only if you can't hang. 

Maevelyn
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 10:56 AM

healthy for 30 weeks doesn't mean healthy enough for birth. 

Quoting smac28:

I feel for you, i REALLY do. The end of my pregnancy I literally sat on the couch all night wishing for sleep. But the best thing for you and the baby is just wait it out. you still have 10 weeks. . .healthy inside may not mean healthy outside . . . yet. hang in there, you can do it!

Pammi86
by Pamela on Oct. 23, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Every week counts. I hate to say it but you have to suck it up! Its all part of the process! Baby will come when ready!

iknitsweatersyo
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Quoting unsuspected:

Lady, this is training for the newborm stage! Get used to no sleep.

It is very selfish of you to consider evicting your baby for your own comfort.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 1:57 PM

check with your drs.

lnrmom
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Take it from a mom of two premies.... wait as long as you can. While the baby might be okay if born now, it might not. I was lucky. So many more are not.

Do not TRY to induce. Take some deep breaths, and learn to deal. It will be over soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN