Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I'm not sure if this question belongs here or not...

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay, so i'm 30 weeks 4 days pregnant

& i'm wondering when is a safe time to TRY and start inducing labor... 

The doctor told me that my baby is perfectly healthy & she's big for how old she is right now.

But i'm in so much pain & discomfort that it's not even funny anymore.. i have a lot of pressure down there.. and it's way too hard to sleep.. i've tried everything to ease the pain and pressure and sleep more comfy but nothing has worked.. and i mean nothing at all.. i've tried everything.

I just don't know.. 

I just want to get my pregnancy done and over with, i've had such a tough pregnancy lately.. i had only 1-2 months that were good. 

Please help if you can....

by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 2:34 AM
Replies (21-25):
snuggiewoogie
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:12 PM

I think you need to read up on what happens when you baby way too early! You need to suck it up and think about this child!

preacherskid
by Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:52 PM
My DH was 32 ish weeks. In 1983, his survival was a miracle. My cousin had her baby at the same gestational age. Our second was 36 weeks. Take it from me, I had contractions with both girls at 35 weeks and on, you can wait. My second baby spent ten days in the hospital nursery on oxygen because her lungs were not quite ready. My cousin's baby? Spent weeks on end in the NICU at the nearest children's hospital. She had to go back to work and drive to and from work and the hospital. My husband spent most of his early months in the hospital. You can wait. It is worth it to wait. Yes you are uncomfortable and miserable, most of us have been at thirty weeks. It is so close, yet so far from the end. We made it, so can you. Baby will come when ready.
EmmaZate
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:56 PM
Take it form someone who had a premature child... Keep that baby in there as long as they can! Chances are if the baby is big it will come naturally a week or two early, when its safe. Don't risk your child dieing because your uncomfortable. You would never forgive yourself if something happened.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heyiitsang84
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 8:55 AM

idc if ur uncomfortable or not, why would u want to induce early??? I dont get it at all. I had a rough pregnancy too but I didnt try to induce...........

bad

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Nothing you do at home will start and keep labor going if your body isn't ready to deliver...and trust me, it's not ready at 30 wks.  Everything you've described is normal for how far along you are.  You only have roughly 10 weeks left of discomfort...better for you to be uncomfortable than your baby have to spend time in a NICU away from you. I've been where you are, I'm currently 23 wks pregnant with my fourth.  My last pregnancy was a nightmare.  
In all honesty, just suck it up and deal. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)