Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Social Life down the drain

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 5:00 PM
  • 15 Replies

I'm just wanting to know if any other mommy's out there went from working full/part time to completely being a stay at home mom?  now i love all the extra time i have with my kids and I'm blessed to be able to stay at home. but i really do miss some adult conversation during the day and being able to make and meet new friends. When i was working i would be included to go out for a girly gir lnight , lunch, shopping, exc... but it just seems now I'm out of sight out of mind!  so i was just seeing if any other mommy's out their feel the same way?  

by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momma-2boys
by Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 6:12 PM
2 moms liked this
Yeah but I find things to do with my boys and have small conversations with other moms at the park,or library sometimes even parents around the neighborhood. Its hard going from working to staying home but I love it and am truly blessed
chels2008
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel the same way.  My moms says that I should see it as a blessing but I feel like I am too young to feel this way.  I am only 22 and I am at home with my son all the time.  I know I am lucky but it doesn't make me feel any better.  It was better when he was younger because he was born in the summer so we could at least go for walks.  Now its too cold to.  None of my friends have really had kids yet so play dates are not possible.  So yes I know how you feel! 

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 25, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Yeah but I volunteered alot at my dd's school so I had adult conversation even if I didn't want it.

SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I did but that was nearly 10 years ago.  Time to make new mommy friends!

Pammi86
by Pamela on Oct. 25, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I work part time and enjoy it! : )

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:20 AM

It takes some getting used to. You have to meet new people with kids.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs...hope things will work out and you can adjust...

happymomma12
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 4:31 PM

hi im jackee and yes i do feel the same way and it sucks so bad 

mommyof4-08
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Its nice to know there's other mom's out there that can relate to how I'm feeling, it dose suck big time !

vickiheitzler
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 5:06 PM
Yup I feel the same way. I had a couple friends who also had babies so we would spend a lot of time with them but they all ended up moving away with in a couple of months of each other. I ended up getting really depressed from feeling so alone. Luckily I now have a friend who lives in the apartment below us who has a son 3 months older then mine. Other then her tho I don't really have a social life anymore. I'm only 21 years old so some days it can be very hard on me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)