Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Social Life down the drain

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm just wanting to know if any other mommy's out there went from working full/part time to completely being a stay at home mom?  now i love all the extra time i have with my kids and I'm blessed to be able to stay at home. but i really do miss some adult conversation during the day and being able to make and meet new friends. When i was working i would be included to go out for a girly gir lnight , lunch, shopping, exc... but it just seems now I'm out of sight out of mind!  so i was just seeing if any other mommy's out their feel the same way?  

by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 5:00 PM
Replies (11-15):
signingmama2915
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Oh, yeah! I feel exactly the same way. And I don't like it.

Now my only friends I have really other than family are on here.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Have you contacted any of your former co-workers?  I also looked into church/mommy groups where child care was provided (like a class at church) or our kids could play while we supervised them and talked among ourselves.

mommyof4-08
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Ya i have hung out with some of my co workers once in a blue moon, but its just not the same as when i was working with them.  and a church mommy group sounds great, but i want something more then just meeting with mommy's at church every once in awhile. i miss my girls night out and being close to my friends. if that makes sense. sigh

mommyof4-08
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM

well its nice to know i have other mommy's that can relate to how i feel.  sigh. im so not use to this i love spending extra time with my kidos, but i do miss my friend time so much! just getting out for a girls night, or going shopping getting nails done going to lunch exc...  i think every mommy needs mommy friend time. just to get out and have some adult time.

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 5, 2012 at 8:32 AM
I did. But that was like 4 years ago. I'm pretty used to having no social life or friends now. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN