Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi everyone. Welcome back!! Talk about whatever you want here.

pumpkin pie

by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 7:05 PM
Replies (181-190):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Thanksgiving is this week!

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I need to tidy up for the holiday....not in the mood for tidy time...but I'll have to make a mood for it...

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Clear. It was supposed to be affordable and great. It cuts out all the damn time now. :/

Quoting goddess99:

Right now we have at&t and Chris just hates it. We are going to get Charter. Who do you have?

Quoting splatz:

I wish we could get a new one. Our service has been horrendous lately! :(

Quoting goddess99:

We are getting a new internet provider on Wednesday so who knows if I'll be on that day...?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:23 AM
I just want to skip over Thanksgiving this year. I know its going to end in a bunch of drama. Our shopping plans are already screwed now since we won't have a sitter. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:58 PM

That's great, glad everyone enjoyed it. I can't wait to go to another one.

Quoting splatz:

We took your advice and went to the rock, mineral, and gem show on Saturday. The kids loved it! They each got free rock starter kits and Cameron talked me into buying him a bunch of other stuff lol. We ended up with one of the super pretty ones like you posted before. I can't remember the name but its the one from mexico that sort of seems like a regular rock with a zillion tiny colorful sparkles. Its pink, purple, and blue.

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

here too

Quoting delanna6two:

Some people in my area already have their lights up for the holidays!!!

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:00 PM

I never heard of Clear.

Quoting splatz:

Clear. It was supposed to be affordable and great. It cuts out all the damn time now. :/

Quoting goddess99:

Right now we have at&t and Chris just hates it. We are going to get Charter. Who do you have?

Quoting splatz:

I wish we could get a new one. Our service has been horrendous lately! :(

Quoting goddess99:

We are getting a new internet provider on Wednesday so who knows if I'll be on that day...?

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Just my little opinion here: I think some avatar pics are a little uncalled for for this type of site. I mean are you trying to pick someone up? We are all moms, and even though some are gay or bi I think the majority are straight and in a relationship. Before I found cm I was on 2 other sites and those are the type of pics you would see there cause you were looking for something, kwim? oh well just my little observation of the day.

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I've had no less than 6 different people handle my ta-tas trying help correct the latch position, some of them on more than one occasion. I've accepted my short comings since now he's dirtying diapers like he should and sleeping better. I was changing the diapers just for the sake of keeping his circ from getting irritated since the diapers absorb the vaseline.

On a side note, I've noticed the difference between disposables and cloth diapers appears to be an hour or two of extra sleep at night between feedings and changings, as well as not having to change his clothes with every diaper. I started out with disposables the hospital gave me to get past that first nasty poo that would be hard to wash out and every 2 hours I was changing clothes and the diapers once he finally started going like he should.

Quoting splatz:

I'm sorry hun. :( BF was a huge struggle with my oldest. Have you contacted LLL to see if they have any more advice? My sons pedi said I had to use formula because he wouldn't gain weight. At his 1 month well check he basically said I was a horrible mother and starving my baby. I remember feeling like the biggest failure ever.
Sending big huge *hugs* your way mama!

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

Spent this past week struggling with the nursing. Poor latch and supply not meeting demand. Gone  as far as a teet tube and hand expressing trying to get this working for us.

Today was Tenetke's first check up since coming home and was down to 7 lbs 9 ounces. =( The people that rode me while in the hospital to not use a paci or any other artifical nipple to avoid confusion said I have to give up and formula feed. Even though it was not surprising news I cried all the way home. How much of a failure do yo u feel like after the same people that acted like formula is the root of all evils tells you you can't nurse?

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Could NOT agree more! Its awkward. This is a moms site quit showing off half naked photos of yourself. I've seen some that were pretty bad. People do realize CM is public right?!

Quoting goddess99:

Just my little opinion here: I think some avatar pics are a little uncalled for for this type of site. I mean are you trying to pick someone up? We are all moms, and even though some are gay or bi I think the majority are straight and in a relationship. Before I found cm I was on 2 other sites and those are the type of pics you would see there cause you were looking for something, kwim? oh well just my little observation of the day.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)