Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi everyone. Welcome back!! Talk about whatever you want here.

pumpkin pie

by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 7:05 PM
Replies (201-210):
splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Hope they figure it out and you start feeling better asap!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I liked our group better when we didn't have instigators. Ugh..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:46 PM

almost 3 hours later, $70, 7 stops, and a quarter tank of gas - I'm home. No strep. Was given instruction on a mouthwash to make at home. Took 5 stops to find the 2 ingredients needed. O_O

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:10 AM

cornucopia

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:27 PM

I was saying the disposables were leaking, lol. I am guilty of using a disposable insert right now though. I was afraid the vaseline would ruin my washable inserts. I'm using cocalo, even the disposable insert is cotton, and compostable if I was into that sort of thing. He seems like he sleeps better in the cloth diapers which means (in theory) I sleep better too. Girls are on Thanksgiving break though so today is feeling pretty rough. I usually try to sleep when he sleeps.

Quoting splatz:.......

Lol! I remember how lovely that was. So nice to be man handled by strangers.

As far as the diapers.. they shouldn't be leaking. I can't remember what brand you said you were using. What sort of inserts are you using? Maybe something just wasn't fully prepped?
I've forgot to dry new diapers before and they leaked. Did you boil or wash inserts to prep?
I'm guilty of using disposables at night now too. I got sick of wet sheets. I say in the early days anything you can do to get more sleep- do it!

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

I've had no less than 6 different people handle my ta-tas trying help correct the latch position, some of them on more than one occasion. I've accepted my short comings since now he's dirtying diapers like he should and sleeping better. I was changing the diapers just for the sake of keeping his circ from getting irritated since the diapers absorb the vaseline.

On a side note, I've noticed the difference between disposables and cloth diapers appears to be an hour or two of extra sleep at night between feedings and changings, as well as not having to change his clothes with every diaper. I started out with disposables the hospital gave me to get past that first nasty poo that would be hard to wash out and every 2 hours I was changing clothes and the diapers once he finally started going like he should.

Quoting splatz:

I'm sorry hun. :( BF was a huge struggle with my oldest. Have you contacted LLL to see if they have any more advice? My sons pedi said I had to use formula because he wouldn't gain weight. At his 1 month well check he basically said I was a horrible mother and starving my baby. I remember feeling like the biggest failure ever.
Sending big huge *hugs* your way mama!

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

Spent this past week struggling with the nursing. Poor latch and supply not meeting demand. Gone  as far as a teet tube and hand expressing trying to get this working for us.

Today was Tenetke's first check up since coming home and was down to 7 lbs 9 ounces. =( The people that rode me while in the hospital to not use a paci or any other artifical nipple to avoid confusion said I have to give up and formula feed. Even though it was not surprising news I cried all the way home. How much of a failure do yo u feel like after the same people that acted like formula is the root of all evils tells you you can't nurse?

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I am soooo full.

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:56 PM

So much for sleeping better. He's desided that 11:30 pm to 3 am is a time to be awake. Past few nights have really sucked. On the upside dh got up at 6 am yesterday since he didn't have to work and let me take a 6 hour nap.

Hard to believe he'll be 2 weeks tomorrow when the individual days seem like they drag on forever on little to no sleep.

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:29 PM

ooh 6 hour nap is a pretty good score Arlene.

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Oh no! :( Hope his sleep schedule gets better soon.

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

So much for sleeping better. He's desided that 11:30 pm to 3 am is a time to be awake. Past few nights have really sucked. On the upside dh got up at 6 am yesterday since he didn't have to work and let me take a 6 hour nap.

Hard to believe he'll be 2 weeks tomorrow when the individual days seem like they drag on forever on little to no sleep.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:05 AM

It's Monday!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)