Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

2 things that schools should not be involved in:

politics

religion

My kids school is having a mock election!  She's in 3rd grade.  Shouldn't schools worry about teaching math and reading since they say kids aren't testing well.  We don't follow politics in my house.  I don't care, we're gonna be screwed eithe way!

At my daughters school, the2-4 graders have bible class during school and they walk to the church in the cold, rain...

I'm agnostic but I'm gonna let my daughter believe in her own beliefs.  They shouldn't push religion on kids.

That's the parents job!

Schools need to teach kids what they need to learn so they can be successful in life.

by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Replies (21-21):
DixieFlower
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Do they give them any sort of classwork or anything? Or is it just them sitting there the whole class time staring at each other?

Quoting amandap33:

We live in a rural area so she goes to a consolidated school in a small town.  The kids that don't do the bible class get to sit in the classroom and not talk to each other.  She decided to quit the class on her own.  I don't think it's right that the 3 kids, my daughter included should have to sit quietly in class like they're in trouble or something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)