Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What are some of your favorite Thanksgiving recipes? I love baked mac and cheese. I could eat the whole pan lol.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Replies (11-20):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Love mac and cheese too...chicken and dressing and gravy, green beans, potato salad...yum, ham, turkey, chicken

Pammi86
by Pamela on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Mine includes green bean casserole, pumpkin and pecan pie, and homemade stuffing!

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Nov. 8, 2012 at 1:40 PM
My Hubby's Broc casseral that his mom taugh her kids to cook...
KeheleyLayna
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Okay, so I'm hungry now!! lol. I found a new recipe I cant wait to try this year. It's Butternut Squash and Granny Smith apples baked with a Maple Syrup glaze and Pecans.

2 tbsp butter

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp nutmeg

1 1/2 lb. butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch cubes

2 - 3 large granny smith apples, cored, cut into 1/2 inch cubes

1/4 cup maple syrup

1 tbsp vinegar

1/4 cup chopped pecans, roasted

--preheat oven to 375, place butter in 3 quart glass baking dish, heat in oven till butter melted.

--stir in cinnamon and nutmeg, add squash, toss to coat. cover with foil, bake 20 minutes. meanwhile in a large bowl mix apples, maple syrup, and vinegar.

--pour apple mixture over squash. cover, bake 10 minutes. stir, bake 5-10 minutes longer or untill squash is tender. stir before serving, top with pecans.

KeheleyLayna
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 11:11 AM

And for sweets!! I like this one because you can make them the night before and keep them in the fridge, and pull them out whenever you need them.

Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes

20 gingersnap cookies

2 tbsp melted butter

8 oz. cream cheese

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup canned pumpkin

1 tbsp sour cream

1/4 tsp salt

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp nutmeg

whipped cream for topping

caramel sauce for topping

--preheat oven to 350, spray cupcake tin with cooking spray.

--in blender or food processor, process ginger snaps with on/off pulses untill finely ground. add butter, pulse till mixed. press crumb mixture into cupcake tins to form crust, then bake 8 minutes.

--meanwhile, beat cream cheese and brown sugar untill light and fluffy, then beat in canned pumpkin, sour cream, and salt scrapping the bowl frequently. then add the egg, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg, beat untill well blended.

--divide mixture evenly into crust cups

--bake 20-25 minutes or untill set. cool in pan about 30 minutes. refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. store left overs in regrigerator.

skymama10
by Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 11:17 AM
We have seven later salad. Lettuce broccoli cauliflower bacon cheddar and parmesan cheese and the ranch dressing packets you can but at the store. with the dressing you make it with just the packet and one cup of mayo.

Quoting DixieFlower:

Does anyone have a really good "lettuce salad" type recipe? I've always wanted to include a salad with Thanksgiving but just couldn't think of anything that goes well.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Chicken and Dressing Casserole - cooks.com

3 or 4 stewed chicken breasts, shredded
2 cans of undiluted cream of chicken soup (Healthy Request)
1 c. of shredded cheese
1 box of Stove Top dressing

Spread shredded chicken in bottom of casserole. Spread chicken soup over. Cover with cheese and top off with Stove Top dressing, mixed according to package. Bake about 30 minutes in 350 degree oven.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Candied Yams/allrecipes.com

1 (29 ounce) can sweet potatoes***
1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces   
1/2 cup brown sugar
1  1/2 cups miniature marshmallows

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Place sweet potatoes in a medium baking dish. Distribute butter pieces evenly over the sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Layer with miniature marshmallows.
3. Cover and bake in the preheated oven 25 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender and marshmallows have melted.

***fresh sweet potatoes can be used

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Egg Nog Pound Cake/myrecipes.com

1 (16-oz.) package pound cake mix
1 1/4 cups eggnog
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat all ingredients together at low speed with an electric mixer until blended. Increase speed to medium, and beat 2 minutes. Pour into a lightly greased 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
2. Bake at 350° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour).

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Hmm I don't have any. We are doing a mini (meatless) thanksgiving here this year. So I guess I could use a few ideas . 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN