Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What are some of your favorite Thanksgiving recipes? I love baked mac and cheese. I could eat the whole pan lol.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Replies (21-24):
DixieFlower
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:25 PM

This sounds really good. Thanks.

Quoting Aleta775:

Try arugula, roasted butternut squash that has been sliced, dried cranberries, goat cheese, and a ginger dressing. You just roast the squash in the oven and then slice it, and put the salad together. It is easy and super yummy.  

Quoting DixieFlower:

Does anyone have a really good "lettuce salad" type recipe? I've always wanted to include a salad with Thanksgiving but just couldn't think of anything that goes well.

DixieFlower
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:26 PM

That looks like something I might try :)

Quoting KeheleyLayna:

Okay, so I'm hungry now!! lol. I found a new recipe I cant wait to try this year. It's Butternut Squash and Granny Smith apples baked with a Maple Syrup glaze and Pecans.

DixieFlower
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Yummy!

Quoting delanna6two:

Egg Nog Pound Cake/myrecipes.com

1 (16-oz.) package pound cake mix
1 1/4 cups eggnog
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat all ingredients together at low speed with an electric mixer until blended. Increase speed to medium, and beat 2 minutes. Pour into a lightly greased 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
2. Bake at 350° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour).

DixieFlower
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Might have to make this for Christmas.

Quoting KeheleyLayna:

And for sweets!! I like this one because you can make them the night before and keep them in the fridge, and pull them out whenever you need them.

Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes

20 gingersnap cookies

2 tbsp melted butter

8 oz. cream cheese

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup canned pumpkin

1 tbsp sour cream

1/4 tsp salt

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp nutmeg

whipped cream for topping

caramel sauce for topping

--preheat oven to 350, spray cupcake tin with cooking spray.

--in blender or food processor, process ginger snaps with on/off pulses untill finely ground. add butter, pulse till mixed. press crumb mixture into cupcake tins to form crust, then bake 8 minutes.

--meanwhile, beat cream cheese and brown sugar untill light and fluffy, then beat in canned pumpkin, sour cream, and salt scrapping the bowl frequently. then add the egg, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg, beat untill well blended.

--divide mixture evenly into crust cups

--bake 20-25 minutes or untill set. cool in pan about 30 minutes. refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. store left overs in regrigerator.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN