Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Thanksgiving plans

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:56 PM
  • 12 Replies

I have worked as a live in companion for adults that have developmental and intellectual disabilities for 7 yrs now. So every holiday I'm basically working. I have always included the individual/s that I support in our festivites. This year I was talking with my supervisor and we now have more individuals that either don't have families involved or just don't have families. So they will be staying at their agency home during the holidays. So we are planning on having a big Thanksgiving meal for the indidivduals and their staff in the Reception Hall at my church.  I'm really excited about this. In years past I've taken orders and made enough food for individuals and staff. My husband would then deliver it out to the various houses. Doing it this way I will have a lot of help with the meal and the clean up.

So what are your Thanksgiving plans?

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 8, 2012 at 10:44 AM

We are just going to my mom's to eat. Nothing too exciting.

Schleetle
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 10:45 AM
That's nice of you. I don't know what we are doing yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsblissmas
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:43 PM

That's great that you involve them in your holiday festivities!

We thought about visiting family "back home" but I'm not convinced that's going to work out. That would mean we celebrate here with our immediate family. I don't mind that at all though.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Glad you are able to do that for them....Not sure how things will go...but I would like to make some food and watch the Macy's Parade.

redbutterfly666
by Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:49 PM
were going to my grandparents house, then we'll probably go to the ghost town the next morning and either go home that day or the day after
Pammi86
by Pamela on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:55 PM

We are going to a local Italian restraunt with my dd, husband, his mom and grandmother around 1pm! After we are done with them we will go out to my grandparents for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with my side of the family! Around 6pm my mil will be back over to watch our dd while we go shopping!

LOVES67
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 7:11 PM
No plans yet
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DixieFlower
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Wow sounds like a busy day :)

Quoting Pammi86:

We are going to a local Italian restraunt with my dd, husband, his mom and grandmother around 1pm! After we are done with them we will go out to my grandparents for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with my side of the family! Around 6pm my mil will be back over to watch our dd while we go shopping!

snuggiewoogie
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 8:54 PM

I am cooking dinner here and just gonna try to have a relaxing day with my family!

SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:19 PM

We are going out of town to stay with dh's family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)