Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

CafeMom Staffers Share Their Sandy Stories

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:09 PM
  • 12 Replies

CafeMom Staffers Share Their Sandy Stories

Posted by Lindsay Ferrier on November 8, 2012 at 9:45 AM

YouTubeNews about the victims of Hurricane Sandy may be dying down, but make no mistake -- people up and down the east coast are still suffering, and many will continue to need help for months to come.

We wanted to give you an inside look at what it's like right now in New York and the surrounding area, so we asked four CafeMom staffers to join us for a Google Hangout.

See what they had to say about Sandy after the jump.

In this Google Hangout, Adriana Velez reports on the situation in Brooklyn, Ericka Souter tells us what things are/were like in lower Manhattan, Yuliana Gomez covers her New Jersey neighborhood, and Stefanie Favicchio has details on the devastation in Long Island. As of the time that we taped this Hangout, Stefanie STILL did not have power!

These ladies also have great ideas on what's needed in the area and how you can help. Check out the video, then tell us in the comments if you were impacted by Hurricane Sandy, and what your situation is now.

by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bethy16
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:22 PM
11 Days still with out power here on Long Island. Living at home in front of the fireplace to keep warm. I have 3 young children including an infant. My son hasn't been in school since this started. Now with this new storm dumping about 7 inches of snow, who knows when we will get power. Our dog died suddenly two days ago and that is making us.more miserable. I know many others have it worse but I am just done and I want my life back!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:35 PM

We weren't affected at all but I'm surprised at how long some of the ladies went without power.

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Omg. I'm so sorry for how rough this is on you and your family. and I'm sorry for your loss. =(

Quoting Bethy16:

11 Days still with out power here on Long Island. Living at home in front of the fireplace to keep warm. I have 3 young children including an infant. My son hasn't been in school since this started. Now with this new storm dumping about 7 inches of snow, who knows when we will get power. Our dog died suddenly two days ago and that is making us.more miserable. I know many others have it worse but I am just done and I want my life back!

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Hope everyone can be restored as soon as possible....

Pammi86
by Pamela on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:58 PM

I'm so sorry mama. Praying for you guys and fingers crossed for power soon!

Quoting Bethy16:

Janet
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:21 AM

My heart goes out to you. (((hugs)))

Quoting Bethy16:

Janet
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:24 AM

We weren't effected. We just had high winds. I feel so sorry for the ones that it did. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

Cafe Beth
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:56 AM

That has got to be tough. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. I can't imagine how I'd handle it for so long with my 2 little ones. I'm very sorry for the loss of your dog.

hugs

Quoting Bethy16:

Bethy16
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 2:08 AM
We finally got power back after 11 very long days. My kids are feeling better but now I am really sick. My two older ones finally went back to school.and my husband to work. Instead of laying down all day I spent the day trying to get my house back to some semblance of order. Everything smelled like campfire. There was just dirt everywhere. I made a huge dent and will finish up tomorrow. This storm took its toll on my family. My aunt and uncle lost so much of their house and lost their cars. I am lucky we had minor damage to the house. I was and still am so incredibly proud of my kids. They were so good and they just went with the flow. Not always easy for and 8,3 and 6 month old to do. They didn't complain once! No whining, crying , or fighting. They played games all day and laughed with each other. I am a very proud mommy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 4:14 AM
I'm so happy for you, to have power back.

Quoting Bethy16:

We finally got power back after 11 very long days. My kids are feeling better but now I am really sick. My two older ones finally went back to school.and my husband to work. Instead of laying down all day I spent the day trying to get my house back to some semblance of order. Everything smelled like campfire. There was just dirt everywhere. I made a huge dent and will finish up tomorrow. This storm took its toll on my family. My aunt and uncle lost so much of their house and lost their cars. I am lucky we had minor damage to the house. I was and still am so incredibly proud of my kids. They were so good and they just went with the flow. Not always easy for and 8,3 and 6 month old to do. They didn't complain once! No whining, crying , or fighting. They played games all day and laughed with each other. I am a very proud mommy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN