Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a 5 month old daughter and i love it. For some reason in the past few weeks i want to have another baby.. Idk why..i kno i am nuts..I just feel like i can handle it.. im 24 years old. i want my babies close in age..idk..help

by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Replies (21-23):
Mommynay2
by Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 3:21 PM
Hi I had ny kids close together. There were advantages and disadvantages. Changing 2 diapers at the same time really was annoying. It seemed that they with pooped at the same time. 2 kids in carseats really stinks. Now my kids are around 11 1/2 months apart. My ds birthday is December 14, 2001 and my dd birthday is December 2, 2002. Oh and the sleeping issue was hard also. My dd as a newborn had colic so it was a challenge sleeping. It was weird after she would finally go to sleep my ds would wake up. Now the napping together was great. Due to the fact that when the first child is at a certain age and doesn't nap anymore, you can't totally enjoy the peace in the valley. You may get lucky if you decide to do it and have same gender kids then clothes and furniture can be the same which will save a lot of money. Now as far as playing together they will probably have similar interests it probably won't be as much of a bother them playing together. Developmental stages will probably happen back to back so you don't have to get spoiled by the end of the terrible twos. They may potty train around the same time. Well that's all I can think of good luck with whatever you decide.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 4:16 PM
This. And I'm leaving it at that. :)

Quoting goddess99:

I always say to ask yourself a few questions and see if you can do it. Can you afford another baby, without going on welfare of course? Is your home big enough to house another person? And does your husband want another child? If any of these are no then you're not ready.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieFlower
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:21 PM

I have a son who just turned 2yrs old in October and my other son turns 4 in Febuary. I found out I was pregnant with DS2 right after DS1's first birthday. My sons are 20 months apart and for me that was perfect. My oldest potty trained himself when his brother was 9 months old. So I only had two in diapers for 9 months. My oldest transitioned to his room in his own bed right before his brother was born. His brother sleeps in our room.  I would wait atleast a year before TTC. That way your body has been able to heal completely from your first birth.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)